Wednesday, June 27, 2012

summer so far

{does this post have pictures of my adorable kids? no. is it full of "fun stuff we did this summer?" yes. 
ok so I added a few pics of the kids!}

We have been having so much fun this summer. The boys were both in soccer this year. Connor was on an iddy biddy soccer team. It was 30 minutes of soccer camp and then a 30 minute game. It was so fun watching the kids run like a little huddled up ball to get the ball. The last few weeks of soccer he was not feeling well so he didn't run too much--little did i know he had double ear infections. He ended the season getting his tonsils and adenoids taken out. Good thing we did that surgery before the real summer fun started. He is currently in his last week of iddy biddy baseball. It is basically the same thing as soccer. They practice for a bit and then play a game. We have so much fun watching him swing the bat, hit the ball, and then take off running--while watching his shadow! He is starting to understand the game though, so that is fun. He has two more games this week and then baseball is over. It's getting super hot! We are glad to be finishing up. Connor also did swimming lessons. My neighbor told us about a lady in our neighborhood who does swimming lessons and she is awesome! Connor went from sort of floating to actually moving his arms and learning to swim and move in the water. He is no longer afraid of the water so that makes me so happy!

Dylan was in baseball camp this year. To say he loved it would be an understatement. Every Saturday morning he couldn't wait for his turn to play. He was always so excited to tell his coach something new. His cousin Brayden taught him how to pitch and he gets his whole body--and face-- into it when he pitches the ball. It is so fun to watch him. He is pretty good too. He always tells me he learned how to play baseball from the Wii. Great! {Just hand me that Mother of the Year award right now!} Dylan also did swimming lessons with Connor. I put them in the same class which was so nice for Dylan. He was able to watch Connor do stuff and then he was brave enough to do it too. He is still a little hesitant in the water but at least he will get in wearing a life jacket so I don't have to hold him the whole time. We took the kids swimming last weekend and he wanted to take off the life jacket and practice swimming. It was awesome. I am so proud of him!

Samantha is just turning into my big girl. She LOVES the water. She wants to play in the sprinkler, hose, pool, slip-n-slide....whatever involves water, she is in! She loves to blow bubbles in the water and lay on her back. She loves the boys and wants to do everything they are doing. Some days the boys think she is a bully because she teases them, pokes them, and takes their toys! She reminds me a lot of how Connor was at this age. She has her world and everything is hers and don't make her mad! We just put her in her own room this week. {yes, mother her crib has been in my room for almost 17 months!} She loves playing in her own room, and I am trying to convince her that sleeping in there is awesome too!

Paul is super busy with work. He has been out of the office and "on site" for jobs this summer. He is getting quite the tan...think farmers tan! haha. I am so thankful that he is staying busy and working hard. He loves his job and loves getting out of the office a little bit so things are good. He is staying busy with his church calling in elders quorum and so that adds to the craziness of our lives.

I am training for my first 1/2 marathon. It is July 14th. I have always been able to run but this is my first 1/2 and I am totally excited to do it. I have NEVER ran 13 miles so we will see how it all goes. Other than that, I am just busy with taking care of kids, trying to stay motivated to clean the house, and playing! I also have my church calling in the young women's so that keeps me busy as well.

So there you have it, our summer in a nutshell...or rather a really long entry. oops! The boys will do another set of swimming lessons after the 4th of July. I will have girls camp and then my 1/2 marathon. After that, we hope to get in a few trips to see family and then school starts the middle of August! what? We are so blessed. Our kids are healthy, Paul is working, and the kids are staying busy. What more could we ask for?
Swimming at the townsquare

Sam's hair is long enough for piggy-tails!

 Connor riding Thomas the Train

Dylan, being Dylan!

ps...I don't think I blogged about Dylan's MRI scan. It was clear. He is good. That blasted tumor is stable and he is doing awesome. As we were getting ready to leave the oncology clinic his oncologist {Dr. Bruggers} said, "Did you think three years ago that you would be where you are today?" I was so overcome with emotion and the reality of what a blessing and miracle Dylan is that I just smiled and shook my head. I LOVE Primary Children's and the doctors there!

2 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

Tara!!! your kids are adorable. I am excited for you to run your half...they are the best 13 miles is perfect. Glad the tumor is stable!

Anonymous said...

I hope you can fit in some time to come stay with Mama Finn this summer. Cuz Conner, Dylan and Samie miss me and want to come for a visit.