We left the Thursday before and stayed at my parents house in Annabella. We got up Friday and headed to Salt Lake to let the fun really begin. We got to stay in a hotel. This was also the night I ditched the crew and went to dinner with my college roomies. Don't worry, I brought Paul back a slice of Oreo Cheesecake! I seriously had so much fun just laughing and catching up with my girls.
Saturday we got up early and headed up to Lagoon. Paul and I haven't been since Connor was a tiny baby. We were super excited to take the kids. As we pulled up I pointed out the big white roller coaster and explained to the boys that Phineas and Ferb ride a roller coaster like that on the cartoon. That was all it took for Connor to be convinced that he should ride it. That was the very first ride he went on at Lagoon (a proud mom moment for me!) There was no line, and I let him pick which ever seat he wanted. He picked the middle of the train and before he knew it the bar came down and we were off. He was all smiles until we started the big climb. It was then that I had to do some serious convincing that it was more fun than scary. When the ride ended Connor could not get out of his seat fast enough--and he was white as a ghost! He says it was scary and a little fun! I was so happy he went on it with me. I love roller coasters! Connor was pretty brave, Dylan was pretty scared, and Samantha was pretty excited to just be there. Paul took the boys on the Tidal Wave and they both absolutely hated it--like, Dylan was crying when they got off! Connor's favorite rides included Red Rock Rally, the water tubes, log ride, sky ride, and the Lady Bug Bop. Dylan's favorite rides included Red Rock Rally, sky ride, and the bumper cars. Samantha loved the little boats, riding the helicopter with Connor, driving with Dylan, and Puff the Dragon roller coaster. She was way more brave than Dylan.
Funniest ride was the Log Ride. I took Connor and Dylan while Paul sat with Sam. I just told them the basics-- there's a log that has been cut out with seats in it and you ride in the water like the little boat ride in the kiddie area. Easy as that. Dylan decided he was going to be in the front, Connor sat in the middle and I took up the rear. All was well until we started going up the hill. Dylan turned around and asked what he should do because he was scared. I
told him to duck his head and hold on tight--and then down the hill we went! It was completely awesome. We got out and the first words out of Dylan's mouth were "I'm so mad at you!" I just gave him a big hug and told him that I was so proud of him.
After our fun day at Lagoon we headed up to Logan to stay the night with Paul's brother and his family. It was so fun to drive around Utah State Campus, our old apartments, and Logan in general. We miss that place like crazy but we aren't sure we could ever handle the cold again! Mark and Sheila were so good to us.
Sunday afternoon we headed to South Jordan to have dinner with my cousins and Aunt. We love to stay at Cindy and Rondo's house. It was so fun to catch up with cousins that I haven't seen in a long time. My grandpa was admitted to the hospital that day and so I got to spend a few minutes with him. He is 92 and hasn't been doing so well. It was so nice to be able to see him and hug him and tell him just how much I love him and have missed having him in St. George.
Monday morning Paul got up really early with Dylan and headed up to Primary Children's for Dylan's MRI. Everything went really well and they returned quickly back to my cousins house. Later that afternoon I took Dylan back up to meet with his oncologist, Dr. Bruggars. Dylan was talkative and very cooperative--usually he is still so dazed from the sedation that he won't talk to anybody. This time he was a little more awake and lot more friendly! Dr. Bruggars said everything still looks great--no growth, movement, shifts, or changes. The best news is that Dylan is now on the yearly schedule for his MRI's. I was not expecting her to tell me this but was so excited. She reminded me again that Dylan is a miracle and to keep living and enjoying life and that is exactly what we plan to do!
Thanks mom for basically forcing me to get this thing done! Can't wait to make another one!


1 comment:
It was so fun to have you come stay for a while. You did a very good job on your quilt for Sam. Lets make another one soon!!
Post a Comment