Monday, August 20, 2012

Mr. Dylan

Today was the big day. You have waited 22 sleeps for this day. You watched the clock for an entire 36 minutes this morning--and you told me every few minutes that "it's getting closer mom!" You were the first one awake, as always. You ate tiger cereal (Frosted Flakes) for breakfast. I let you pick out whatever you wanted to wear--you chose the glow in the dark Superman shirt. You know, I still think you are Superman. You picked out a pair of superhero socks and your new black "make-me-run-super-fast-shoes!" We fixed your hair just right, "not too spiky, mom." and then we loaded up in the van and headed to preschool.

You were quiet on the ride over. I watched you look out the window as we drove the 2 miles to school. As we pulled up in front of the school your eyes lit up and you couldn't wait to get out of the car. I got in a few pictures as Grandma Smith gave you a squirt of germ-busters...and then you were gone!


I wouldn't have it any other way. You have waited a long time to "be in the big kid class" at preschool. And while I am a little sad you are in the big kid class I  know you are going to be amazing this year. Have fun big boy!
Love, Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you my Dylan and I am so proud of you. YOu look so handsome in your new clothes and I love your Big Smile!