Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hero

Well, since the batteries to our camera are awesome we only got about 4 pictures this 4th of July weekend. While the camera is recharging I thought I would make a post. This has been on my mind for the past month.

What is a hero? While we were in the Primary Children's Hospital this thought came to my mind. I don't know if it was sparked by one of the many pictures that a kid colored or what exactly sparked my interest in defining a hero. But my mind was off on the races of trying to define what a hero is.

In today's society usually monetary gains and social status will point you to many people who should be considered "heroes". It seems like usually a person in the limelight is worthy of that title. If we think back to when we were kids usually our heroes put on some sort of cape or had some "special power". They were dorky or "normal" during the day but at night they had their alter egos. Do all supereroes have to have money, fame or a cape?

Does a hero have to wear a cape

or put on some tights


or have lots of money?


This might seem a little crazy but my hero wears a diaper and can't even walk. My hero cries when he gets poked! My hero gets sick! My hero can't even lift a hundred pounds! My hero is a little one year old who goes to the doctor once a month to have "kryptonite" injected into his veins.


Most people never get to see or even touch their superheroes. I get to rock mine to sleep every night! I get to hold mine and squeeze him whenever I want.

I don't know if I have a definition of a "hero", I only know WHO mine is.

5 comments:

Christian and Melissa said...

He's my hero too! Go Dylan, go!

Anonymous said...

Tara you make me so teary!!Dyl is my hero too!! We love ya Dyl! I will email ya some picts from this weekend. Love Ya!!

Jillyan said...

Dylan is a hero! There is no doubt about that! I think you fall into the category of hero as well. I admire your positive attitude and the way you have handled everything. I don't think I could do the same. Way to go!

Tara Mogle said...

To all who have read this sweet post...this is my awesome, witty, tendered hearted, loving, patient, and understanding husband who posted this!! Isn't he the best? He is my rock and keeps me going through all this hard stuff we are going through. He keeps me in check when I get frustrated with the kids, and life in general. He is so patient and understanding of the boys and me! So, just for the record, this is my hubby's post. I am so far from understanding life and the trials that we are faced with but with him by my side, I am learning to take one day at a time. I love you Paul.

The Leakes said...

okay i am bawling with a bunch of guys around me at work. i love this post. i love it. your family is my hero. i love you all so so much. you are so strong and the sweetest people. paul and tara, you 2 crack me up. i always go to your blog to make me happy or to make me chuckle a little bit or even bust a gut! you have stayed so positive and upbeat through this all. thank you for being such an amazing family and such a great example to me.