Monday, December 20, 2010

just-a-coupla-things

It's been awhile.
I know.

This Christmas season I have made a special effort to spend lots of time playing with my kids and really enjoying the holidays...hence, the lack of posts. Just know, the Mogles are alive and well! I guess this year I just want to savor every little moment with my boys. Both of them. At home.

Remember last year?

It was a long month for us. It was full of too many doctors, needles, caged cribs, and uncomfy hospital beds.

So this year I promised myself things would be different. For both my kids. For myself. And for Paul. While last Christmas was full of good things. It was full of too many crappy things.

This year: Overflowing with good things. Fun things. and no crappy-ness!

So here are a few pictures of December 2010 at the Mogle home:

We made a gingerbread house and homemade gingerbread man cookies!

We also went to a baptism for Paul's niece and then a family Christmas party!

Lets see, we've been to Jumpin' Jacks, McDonalds, had family and friends visit, shopped, eaten way too many treats, went to see the lights at the temple, waved to Santa (no way will Connor sit on his lap!), made a snowman and snow angels at Grandpa Mogle's, decorated the house, and learned about the true meaning of Christmas.

This Christmas season has been so good to us. Everyday I think about what we were doing exactly a year ago on that day...December 20th, 2009 we were just home from a 3 day stay at the hospital with Dylan. He was on a crazy antibiotic that we had to administer every 6 hours, over an hours time, through his port. While that was really hard (read: annoying) I would do it all over again. For him. I was just so thankful he was home for Christmas. And this year, I am even more thankful he is home. We are together. No medicine. No treatments. No doctors.

And Connor has Dylan here to play with.
Truly a blessing!



2 comments:

Kim said...

Hooray for both cute boys at home this year! I was glad to see your update! :) Have a Merry Christmas!

Jillyan said...

Tara, you are such an amazing Mom! Thanks for being an example to all of those who read your blog. You always seem to help me remember what is most important in life. I wish your little family a very Merry Christmas!