Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Because I can't help myself....

I have to post this:

I love couponing!
Some women say they have a "testimony" of couponing.
I don't know that I would go that far but I do have an awesome supply of food and essential things to get us through if/when we are ever in a tight spot.

I got all coupon-crazy last spring.

It started out as a simple couponing class that I attended for enrichment. I had been to a few classes prior to this, but the lady teaching this class just made it all look so easy. I found myself thinking, "ugh, why am I paying full price for tampons and cereal and she is getting them for less than a dollar?"
I coveted her tampons and cereal. And since "coveting" is a no-no. I decided it was time to order a newspaper and start clipping.
Confession: I don't actually clip all the coupons, just the coupons I am going to use right away. No sense in all those loose coupons floating around this house! :)
Clipping coupons has been such a blessing. Truly. With a higher house payment, higher utility bills (thank you 100 degree summer heat!), a bazillion dollars in medical bills, driving from one end of the state to other who-knows-how-many-times, and raising two kids in general (who were, at one time, both in diapers) I have more food and household items on hand for my family than ever before.

So thank you coupons.
You make my house look like a tornado hit with all your clippings and garbage, but you are so nice to me otherwise.

(In the picture:
*8 boxes capri suns*4 packs plastic cups*2 cans chili*2 bags of salad*
*4 packs of gum*2 liters of pop*4 sobe lifewater*4 bags of goldfish*
*2 boxes crackers*3 packs of cookies* 1 bag of ricecakes* and some licorice
$29 buck-a-roos)

13 comments:

Kim said...

You are amazing! Candice is so good at couponing, but for some reason I just am not patient enough, or something to try it and be good at it! You rock, I suck. ;)

Grant and Candice said...

Don't ya just love it! I love it!

Christian and Melissa said...

Okay, you have just convinced me to start couponing again! I was doing so well until we moved to Fairview for those 5 weeks. Since then, I just lost my drive! When we get back to Layton (FRIDAY!!!), I'm going to be a couponing queen again. I figured I needed to take some time off...the people at Alberstons were calling me by name and asked if I lived there. EMBARASSING!! Do you use Pinching Your Pennies?

Tara Mogle said...

yes! I love pinchingyourpennies. I also look at two blogs krazy coupon lady and sheshopssmart. Neither one is very impressive lately but I do LOVE pinchingpennies for sure! And I can see why you fell off the coupon bandwagon living in Fairview...hello Wal-mart and Associated Foods blah!

The Leakes said...

Lets get me going on this coupon stuff asap!!! im gonna order the newspapers quickly. oh & i was looking at the pic...crush grape soda & pepsi are my 2 fave sodas!! my mouth is watering. i need to get into blogging too. love ya!!

Ericka said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous...oops, not supposed to covet;) I hate shopping in Sanpete.

Unknown said...

I know isn't that awesome when you leave the store feeling like you just got the best deal ever!!! I hate paying full price for anything now!!Can't wait to see you guys next week!!

Stacy said...

That is AWESOME!!! I wish I had the patients for it! You go girl!!!

Midlife Mogle Girl said...

I absolutely LOVE couponing too, and I think I have convinced Susie that it is a GOOD thing, haven't convinced dad yet, heck if he couldn't go to the store daily and Sunday, he would be in depression. Wish I lived in St. George to do it, but I don't mind running to Payson and Orem for a really good deal, it is worth it!!!

Katie McCaul said...

WAY TO GO! i haven't got into it yet...saw a newspaper guy at smiths once, signed up and we had about 30 newspapers not touched so i canceled the paper need to do it when i am more committed:)

Felder Funnies said...

You quit your bragging!! Way to go girl!! Oh yes, bring on the preschool! Lucky #17 was good to us-- it will be so fun taking the kids to preschool together!! We can try to hook them up at the same time-- I would love to be mother-in-laws with you!!

The Rollo Crew said...

I was doing grocery smarts for awhile and got unmotivated after I went back to work after Brox. I felt like I got some awesome deals but PLEASE share your secrets. I have been using grocery smarts. Is pinchingpennies better?

Heidi and Josch said...

i've tried it and i never saved that much. i dont get how people like you do it. help!!!