So its been awhile. I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Sometimes you want to blog. And well, lately, I haven't felt like it at all. But I have been quite the stalker. Blog stalker that is.
So here is the Mogle family update. We'll start with the oldest. (Paul loves to to be reminded of the fact that he is the oldest :)
Paul: Work. That is pretty much what he does. He left this morning around 6:30ish. I'm guessing. I was in a coma when he left. He has been really really really busy with work. I am so NOT complaining. I am so thankful he has a job. Truly blessed. Yes we are. When he is not at work he is in a meeting for church. Wow. Lots of meetings lately. I think I saw him last night for a total of 12 minutes. Then it was nighty-night-night. He had to get up early. Remember? Yes. He is busy but I, well I get to stay home with the boys. And I love him for this. Yes I do.
Me: um....I chase the boys around the house. Literally. All day. I brake up fights. Make breakfast. Fill a sippy cup. Or twenty. Throw in a load of laundry. Get a little work-out time in. Which lately means, get on the treadmill. Get off to help Connor "make tracks." Get back on the treadmill. Get off to help Dylan hook his trains together. Back on. Get off. Back on. Get off. Run to the grocery store. Which has been quite traumatic lately. (More details. Read on) and such is the life of me. So good. So so good. Very busy but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Connor: I register him for preschool on Saturday. What? Since when was he old enough for this? Oh my heck I'm kinda freaking out about this. Preschool? He's getting big. Seriously. He is so ready for preschool. He needs to get out of the house. I am so excited for him to go. He is also in Primary now. Watch out sunbeam teachers. Ha! He likes going. He is learning the songs and making friends. And he has a fabulous teacher! One problem: I can't keep him awake! He falls asleep every. single. Sunday. No joke. Every Sunday! Funny, he doesn't like to take naps at home anymore. Go figure. I love this boy.
Dylan: "I bonk a head!" I have heard those words more times this last week than ever before. First he bonked his head on the end table in the living room. Huge. Ginormous. Incredibly disgusting goose-egg. Instantly. It was so sad. The goose-egg stuck out about as far as his port does on his ribs. Kind of hard to imagine if you haven't seen the port. It sticks out pretty far. The goose-egg. It stuck out pretty far too. Then. Then he biffed it at Target. Right on his beepin' forehead. Same place as the first bonk. Then, oh yes, once more.
Let me warn you. If you think I am a bad mom don't read on because then you will really think horrible rotten things about me. So decided right now if you think you can handle what I am about to tell you. I am embarrassed. I was mad. I was sad. I felt guilty. I couldn't sleep afterwords. Ok, are you ready?
He fell out of the damn shopping cart! Yes he did. Without a lot of unnecessary details: He tried getting out on his own. I wasn't watching. BAM! He felt right out. The good news. He is totally fine. He cried. I cried. I thought of every horrible thing that could happen. Concussion? Skull fracture? Brain swelling? The tumor? The damn tumor. I just knew we had caused some sort of irritation to the tumor and now it was going to grow. Those were some of my thoughts as I lay in bed the night it happened. No good I tell you. He is fine and I will say this. I have seen lots of miracles happen in our family.
I know the Lord has a hand in the everyday happenings of the Mogle family life. Paul has a job and he's very busy. A miracle. We have neighbors who have been out of work for months. Definitely a miracle that Paul is busy and able to provide for our family. I am also aware of the simple miracle that I get to be a stay-at-home mom. I always knew I wanted to stay home with my kids. The Lord's hand at work? Yes siree. Both boys have stayed healthy. It's funny the little miracles we have been blessed with. And Dylan being just fine after the shopping cart incident? A miracle. No doubt in my mind that the Lord's hand protected that little head of his.
From the day we found about Dylan's brain tumor I have prayed for miracles. I have found myself pleading for miracles while waiting for lab results, MRI scans, bloodwork, and chemo sessions. The interesting part, I am so aware of the miracles that have been granted. Answers to prayers really. I know that the Lord is aware of my family and that makes life so so good. So good I tell you.


9 comments:
i really like the way you write. make you feel like you're right there in the Mogle household watching it all happen. great talent. im so glad everyone is doing so well. i think about dylan all the time. now i'll imagine him with a goose egg on his head! :)
i dont think that you are a horrible mom. i am sure it happens to plenty of other people out there. i am glad that he is ok. poor little guy! and thanks for reminding me to think of all the great things i have in my life, sometimes we are all too caught up in the difficult things going on that we forget to be thankful for everything else we have! so thanks again!
Ohh Tara... YOu are doing so well with your boys! I completely understand what you are going through as a SAHM. I do the same things. And one night Max bonked his head 4 times!!!! Once he bonked it when he got out of the bathtub, he was running to me in our bedroom to get jammies on, and he got away from Jody and turned and fell and hit his head on the baseboard of the wall.... it was right near his Temple of his "good" eye. Ohh I cried too when he was crying. You feel so bad, and in the end they are ok!!
I absolutely LOVE reading your blog! You are such an inspiration to so many around you. I am always playing poor picked on me...and then I read your blog and I am reminded of all the blessings the Lord has blessed me with. You are truly amazing! I am so glad Dylan didn't get hurt at the store. My friend had the same thing happen to her. She had just had a baby a few weeks earlier and so her toddler was in the basket. Well, he fell out and broke his arm. She felt horrible! I can only imagine the feeling...but it happens to the best of us moms! Thanks for your amazing attitude! We should really get together next time you are in Salt Lake! I would love to catch up with you!
Tara I love reading your blog!!! You are so funny and such a good mom. You always remind me to slow down and be thankful for everything I have. Also the whole shopping cart thing made me feel a whole lot better. This happened to me at Walmart and oh did I get some looks.
Tara....I love your guts!
Just a warning ....thats whats wrong with Matt! Too many falls on his head. Keep an eye on Dyl, we would hate to have you too blessed.LOL Love ya. Suz
Oh tara...love your blog. you are a great mom and thanks for reminding me of all the little blessings. it takes a great person to keep those thoughts especially when you are going through a lot. love you guys:)
Tara really don't feel bad about the cart incident, I went through the same thing, and I had the same thoughts going through my head because we were dealing with my little guys siezures. But it totally happens, and in my case it happened twice, one being my hubby fault. We are really lucky having the lord in our lives and having him watch over us and our children!
Post a Comment