Below are a few photos from our last trip to Primary Children's.
This is Dylan showing us his mad face.

Here is Dylan in the waiting room of the Infusion Center. They have lots of fun things to keep you busy.

This wall is one of the most inspiring walls you will ever see. It is pictures and letters that kids have sent in once they have beaten cancer or once they are done with chemo. The pictures of those kids will melt your heart. Suddenly life has a little more meaning. Suddenly you forget about your own worries and troubles. Your life changes. You become inspired. We are looking forward to the day when we will see Dylan's picture up there.

This is the other thing that Primary's has for the kids. It is called the "Colors of Courage". It gives the kids a bead for each thing they deal with such as: Biopsy, PICU admission, etc...


We haven't collected beads yet, but we figure that Dylan could get 15 different beads.
During this holiday season when we celebrate giving thanks and celebrate giving we at the Mogle's are extremely grateful for such wonderful people in our lives. We couldn't have dealt with any of this without people who are willing to go out of their way for us. THANKS! I know this doesn't do any justice to the debt of gratitude we are under to you all, but THANKS!
In this season of giving, we encourage you to GIVE blood. Go to your nearest Red Cross center and donate. Dylan has had 5 blood transfusions. That's 5 people who took about 30 minutes out of their day to selflessly give. Donate. You never know who will use that blood or who's life you will change.
10 comments:
You are so amazing! Looking at that picture of you sitting there with Dylan, waiting at the transfusion center makes feel that anxiety. I know you've been through so much up to this point, but I can imagine it never gets easy when it involves your kid. I just love you for being the "adult." I find myself thinking that we're too young to be going through something like this. This kinda stuff happens to other people. You and Paul are totally inspiring and Dylan is so lucky to have such caring parents. Go Dylan Go!!
What a precious post. I love seeing this and being able to somewhat share in what you see every month when you make that trip! Thanks so much for sharing.
Tara, Start YOU a bead bracelet too. I am going to. I'm getting one for christmas. Because little boys don't wear jewlery. lol You are doing a great job with Dylan. I know its not always easy, but dang, its so well worth it. Now everyones cancer treatmeat is different, and I wished you could get the news here, we have a little girl who just wrote a book on how and what and why she has to have Chemotherapy. I think they may publish it. She is only 9 years old. Fighting Cancer for the 3rd time since she was 5. Read her website if you get a chance. Its amazing. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/savannahswandal
say hi to your little superman - i could just squeeze him. i better not see you next week - as much as i enjoy visiting with ya! merry christmas! xoxox
I love that picture of his mad face. You make me cry every time I read your blog. We will donate blood!!! I am sure there are lots out there that need it. GO DYLAN! Hope you guys have a nice Christmas.
I love this post Tara. Me and Taylor are going to donate blood. We want to wish you and your boys a very Merry Christmas. We will miss you and be thinking of you through all the madness at the Mogle Christmas Morning Fiasco! Hope all is well and going better. :) We love you all.
Tara and Paul,
Dylan in an inspiration. Thank you for posting something so personal. We are rooting/praying/hoping/sending good vibes his and your way. Merry Christmas!
do you guys have to drive up to Primary's when he gets sick or how do you get up here that quick?
i agree with all that mo said. you are an amazing example for the rest of us.
do you guys have to drive up to Primary's when he gets sick or how do you get up here that quick?
i agree with all that mo said. you are an amazing example for the rest of us.
sorry, idk why that posted twice!
Post a Comment