And he stayed there until Saturday afternoon.
Ever wonder what a parent does with their 19 month old baby in the confines of a hospital room?
Say, "cheese" a bazillion times for Mom.
Smashy face on the plastic that encloses the cage, aka crib, aka my kid won't sleep in a hospital crib. It's lovely.
peek-a-boo
Gnaw on plastic enclosure, aka get me outta here! (not the crib, just the hospital in general)He didn't have to stay in the "cage" he just really liked playing in there. Playing. Not sleeping. He slept here with his Mom or Dad, whoever happened to be there for the night:
So comfy!That was last week. My heart ached a little because I wasn't sure when Dylan was really going to be coming home. I prayed it would be before Christmas. He didn't act sick. Ok, Tuesday he was sick but Thursday, Friday and Saturday, while in the hospital...he was NOT sick. His blood said otherwise.
My prayer was answered. He came home a week before Christmas. On an antibiotic that we have to give him every 6 hours, through his port....for two weeks. Yes I set my alarm clock for 12:30 am and 6:30 am. I set my mental alarm for 12:30 pm and 6:30 pm. I am not complaining. I had my whole family home for Christmas. Both little boys.
Last night we kept everything very low key. Connor knew Santa was coming but that was it. We did open Christmas jammies.
We did NOT leave cookies for Santa...Connor was already bouncing off the walls. Leaving cookies for Santa would only add to the excitement and, well, I wanted him to go to bed. Santa was not sad, trust me! He found the Oreos stashed in the cupboard. 

My prayer was answered. He came home a week before Christmas. On an antibiotic that we have to give him every 6 hours, through his port....for two weeks. Yes I set my alarm clock for 12:30 am and 6:30 am. I set my mental alarm for 12:30 pm and 6:30 pm. I am not complaining. I had my whole family home for Christmas. Both little boys.
Last night we kept everything very low key. Connor knew Santa was coming but that was it. We did open Christmas jammies.
We did NOT leave cookies for Santa...Connor was already bouncing off the walls. Leaving cookies for Santa would only add to the excitement and, well, I wanted him to go to bed. Santa was not sad, trust me! He found the Oreos stashed in the cupboard. 

This morning Paul and I were up at 7:00 waiting for Dylan's medicine to finish and for Connor to wake up. We heard his little feet pitter-patter down the hall and we knew it was time for presents. He was so excited for his Bat cave and cars. Dylan opened like 3 presents and then he was bored. haha oh well! It was so fun.
I thought it was going to be a gloomy boring day without having any extended family around but it was perfect. We lounged, napped, and the boys played all day!



This is a Christmas I will truly never forget. I am counting my blessings more this holiday season than ever before. My boys are healthy, for the most part. We have a cozy home, and cars to drive. Paul has a great job, and the people he works for are the best. They allow him to take time off for his family..."take care of your family and work will take care of itself." I love the company he is with. We have been so blessed to have good family and friends who have helped us so much this year.
Thank you. Thank you for your love, comments, phone calls, emails, texts, and especially your prayers. We have felt your love, faith and prayers and are so grateful!


6 comments:
i love reading your posts you are such an example to me! so thank you for reminding me to count all my blessings everyday. i am glad you had a great christmas and that the whole family was able to be there.
I'm so glad that you guys had a fun Christmas. Your boys are so darn cute. Oh, that Bat Cave! Parker got one for his Birthday from Grandma Jen, it ROCKS!! We love you guys and hope your New Years is awsome. Love you and hope to see you soon.
I'm so glad your little guy made it home for Christmas! It sounds like you had a fun day!
I love your little family! Glad he was able to come home for Christmas. Looks like the boys had so much fun:)
It looks like you guys had such a great Christams!! I'm sad we weren't able to get together but I was thinking about ya!! Miss ya tons!
XOXO Melanie
so glad he was able to be home for christmas. what cute boys.
Post a Comment