Sunday, November 29, 2009

Little Lessons

Last night we took the boys downtown to see the lights at the St. George temple. The lights here do not even compare to the lights up at temple square in Salt Lake but the little moment I got to share with Dylan was priceless.

We walked into the visitors center to see the Chirstus. Both boys got really excited. I was holding Dylan and walked over to see the statue up close. I was quietly whispering to Dylan that this was Jesus Christ and explaining to him that Jesus loved him so much. He then pointed up to the nail marks imprinted on His hands and said "owie." "Yes, owie." I said. It was in this little moment that I whispered into his ear how much our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ loved him. "Jesus died for us so we could return to him."

Yes, he is only 18 months old but I know that he heard what I said to him. I have learned to take full advantage of these little lessons I get to share with Dylan. Because we don't take him to church to learn about Jesus, we have to take every opportunity life presents to teach him about his loving Savior.

I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who is aware of our struggles and heartache. I am gaining a greater understanding and appreciation for the "hard blessings" that we are given in this life. Our family has grown a lot this past 8 months. Dylan has brought out the best in our family. I wish I could take away the tumor. I wish I knew what was in store for him. I obviously don't. I have to put my faith and complete trust in our Savior.

My little lesson with Dylan was short and sweet, but it is through these little lessons that I find myself being reminded by the sweet spirit that Heavenly Father is in charge. Jesus Christ suffered and died so that each of may return again to the presence of our God and for that I am eternally grateful.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing that. I love reading your blog you are such a good person and such a good mom. Hope you had a happy thanksgiving.

Collette said...

You are such a good mom! What a sweet, sweet moment.

Amber said...

Tara, thanks for sharing that precious moment with us. You truly inspire me to be a better mom. You will have plenty more of those precious moments to look forward to.

Anna said...

that was very tender, tara. you are an awesome mom. one that i look up to and hope to emulate when i have little ones of my own!

Katie McCaul said...

You are such a great mom! I love that story it made me cry he is so sweet and lucky to have a mom and dad that will teach him the great lessons.

Heidi and Josch said...

what a nice little christmas message! love ya!!!