Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Learning to make Lemonade

In Primary we talk about why we came to Earth. We are taught at a very young age that we came here to get bodies and have families and all that good stuff. When we get a bit older we learn about this war in heaven and how we chose God's plan over Satan's plan. We learn about this meeting where we all agreed to follow God and we knew there would be trials and heartache but that there would also be really good times in our lives as well. And in the end we can all go back to our Heavenly Father and live forever with our families. Sounds great!

In a discussion with the entire Mogle clan a few months ago it was decided that before each of the 8 Mogle children (yes there are 8 kids in Paul's family) "jumped" down from heaven to be on this earth they each agreed to take on some hardships. Some of the Mogle kids jumped and said, "I'll take losing my job 6 different times while trying to support my wife and 3 kids." another jumped and yelled, "I'll take all the lemon cars the world has to offer!" (Probably more than one kid agreed to this one!) One jumped and yelled, a little hesitantly, "I'll take Tara for my wife?" (love ya babe!) And a few jumped and with a smile and yelled, "Gimmie financial struggles....I can do it!"

When it came time for Dylan to "jump" I am sure that he said, with that sweet little smile on his face, "I'll take a brain tumor" and then he willingly jumped. He jumped knowing that Paul and I were down here ready to catch him and love him and take care of him through it all. He jumped knowing that he would have a sweet big brother who would kiss his owies and rub his head for him. He jumped knowing that he would only have this brain tumor while on this earth. He jumped and we caught him with our arms open wide, willing to take on whatever it was he agreed to in "that big meeting up in heaven." I am so grateful to be his mom. Believe it or not, so many prayers have been answered since we first heard about the "area of concern" on his brain.

So with a brain tumor and the curse of owning one too many lemon cars, I guess here in the Mogle household we are definitely learning to make lemonade!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara you have such a great outlook on things. I read that and it made me cry. When hard things hit it makes it hard to see things in perspective but you've got it. Reading that made me think of things in a new light and I thank you. Who would think that somebody going through a hardship could open my eyes to how great life is and how grateful we should all be. I love you and I love your faith. It is contagious.

Christian and Melissa said...

Well put! You guys are awesome!

Our Family said...

what a great post of how life really is and what it is all about!! thanks for sharing

Sheila said...

I am pretty sure we agreed on the car problem lemon...we love you guys and we also know that when all the Mogles jumped out of heaven they also yelled that no matter what happened to each other they would be there to take care of each other..
Just know that you guys are always welcome to our house and any help at any time..

Heidi and Josch said...

so cute. way to stay so positive. you have no idea how your good attitude about not so good things affects people. i have a friend with m.s. and she is so positive about everything. it has really made me realize how easy my life is and that i really have nothing to complain about. she (and now you) have taught me to look for the good things in life! thanks for being a great example!

Katie McCaul said...

Tara you are awesome! I am sure it was a fight over who got to marry Tara! You have such a great attitude and though you know you will struggle you have the big picture that most of us forget about. I hope the lord blesses your family. We love you guys:) Your boys are so sweet.

Cameron and BreAnn said...

I agree with all that has been said...you have an awesome outlook on life, and it's a great reminder to me to enjoy what I do have! Good luck!

The Petersen Clan said...

You are so awesome! I hope that I can be as strong and wise as you both. You are both amazing and I look up to you for you faith and courage. Keep up the good work, and we'll keep up the praying for you guys too. All our love to your little family.

VeeAnn said...

LOL. Yep, to it all!