Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekend Yard Cleanup

Yesterday Paul decided to trim the palm tree......


It was a simple project that usually takes about 20 minutes from start to finish, until his wife pipes in with new ideas.

"Hey, you wanna cut down the pine tree?"

"uh, sure, but I think it will be an all day project."

"What if you just cut right through the trunk at the bottom?"

"Really? Are you sure?"

"Yep!"

That is how our conversation went....and what do you know in less than 30 minutes that ugly thing was down!!!!! Thanks to my muscularly, handsome, palm-tree-trimming, pine-tree-hacking husband! Thank you.

Before
During
After :)
(ok, so it's a little bare but we'll fix that soon enough! for now I am so glad it's gone!)

While he was busy hacking away at the trees the boys and I sipped lemonade in the shade. haha! Not really, but the boys did play and I really did try to stay in the shade as much as possible....just needed some lemonade and things would have been perfect! Here are some pics of the boys playing while Paul was working hard!



I would say the weekend went quite well! :)

4 comments:

Collette said...

My boys have the same shirt as Connor has on. Good taste! Oh, the yard looks great too. What wasn't to love about a scrawny pine tree?! You crack me up.

BALLS said...

that sounds like a great weekend. i love how your conversation goes. i tell colby things like that all the time. and usually i end up wrong. haha your yard looks great and the boys are cute as always.

Our Family said...

gotta love husbands, they try so hard to please the wife!! I am with you on getting rid of the tree i think it looks pretty good!!

Cameron and BreAnn said...

I love that palm-ish looking tree in front of you house! And your yard is beautiful! Hope things are going well.