Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Great and Dreadful Haircut

Wow! Today was haircut day for Connor. I haven't had his hair cut for a few months now and so it was really long and shaggy all over his head. Since we have moved to St. George, I decided today it was time to get rid of the shag and go short for the hot weather! I stripped Connor down to his diaper, put him up in the sink so he could watch what I was doing, and pulled out the buzzers.....huge mistake! He was nervous before I even turned them on. You would think that he had never seen the buzzers before. I let him touch them and tried to show him that it wouldn't hurt. I then turned on the buzzers and proceeded to cut the shag. Wow was he a wreck. He cried and cried the entire time I was doing it. Having already started the job I was going to finish and nothing was going to stop me. I worked really fast and got hair all over the place! When I was finished Connor had hair all over his hands and body. He also had boogies all over his nose so you can only imagine the mess he was in when he went to scratch his nose!! We made it through and now he is butched! Always an Adventure with Connor boy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I miss you already. When Ericka and I went up to get the blazer we both said we wished you could go shopping with us. But, not to worry, we'll be down to St George to see you soon. My little Conner boy -- You just keep us laughing.

Christian and Melissa said...

Wow, I'm not jealous of your hair situation. Then again, you could be on the total opposite side like we are! Anders has never had to get a haircut. At least his hair is growing now though. He's just a big, bald boy!