October was a month filled with lots of family and lots of playing! Here is a list of some of the fun things we did in October:
*My mom came down and stayed with us for an entire week! We made 600 popcorn balls for my most favorite cousin's wedding. We popped, cooked, poured, stirred, and packaged til our little fingers hurt! Thankfully my little sister Shelbie, came down to help us out. My kids LOVED having Gram and Shelbo here.
*I went up to Salt Lake with my parents to attend my cousin's wedding. The wedding was seriously a fairy tale wedding. I left Paul home with the kids. They love hanging out with dad--he buys them lots of treats! (their words not mine!) I was gone for a few days and was so excited to get home to see them.
*We took the kids out to Staehli Farms to play. We got to go with the Felders--some of our best friends. We rode the tractor wagon out to the pumpkin patch, played on an "air pillow" that was like a trampoline--sort of?!, rode the swings, raced the rubber duckies, swung on the rope swing and got to pet the animals in the petting zoo! The kids ran and played so hard!
*Connor danced in his very first Harvest Hop at the elementary school. All the kindergarteners danced to the Cha-Cha Slide. It was so funny watching him get all those moves in! He had so much fun shaking his booty for everyone. Dylan and Sam loved yelling out his name and watching--and waiting--for their turn to dance too.
*I took the kids to Anti-Gravity to play one afternoon. Connor invited a friend to come with us and they played so hard. Sam was a little hesitant at first but she quickly caught on to all the fun! Dylan had fun chasing Connor and Paxton around, and trying to keep up with them.
*Halloween!! The kids had tons of fun for Halloween this year. Connor reminded Paul and I all month long just how much he hated Halloween. Connor was Mario, Dylan was a swat police officer, and Samantha was a cat! They were adorable and Connor ended up loving the whole day. Both boys had class parties, then we went to the ward party/trunk-or-treat, and hit up a few houses in the neighborhood. Connor was so funny because as we were going house to house with friends, he was skipping along singing "I'm gonna sell my candy! I'm gonna sell my candy!" Last year I talked him and Dylan into selling their candy to the dentist...this year it was all him! That's my boy! It took some convincing from Connor, but Dylan sold his too!
Here we are in November! This month will be packed full of fun too! We have school parties, Thanksgiving, a trip up to Primary Children's for another scan, and my birthday!
I am so happy the holidays are upon us. I love getting together with family and spending time with friends! I love the chill in the air--even in St. George. Heck, we turned on the heater today!
(pictures will have to wait--i'm too lazy to upload!)
No comments:
Post a Comment