Tara came home from Girl's Camp!
The past 3 1/2 days have been blurred into one memory. I lost track of time. She came home to the sight of me, Connor and Dylan sleeping on the floor. We had made snow angels out of all the garbage (potato chips, wrappers, soda cans, left over dinner and cheetos) that was left on the floor last night and we must have fallen asleep doing that. The kids haven't bathed in a few days and have a orange glow about them from all the cheetos we have eaten. I don't think any of us have changed our underwear. The sun hurts our eyes. We have become 2 shades whiter. What seemed like a couple days turned into years. I can no longer hold a conversation without crying. I speak in a foreign language to Tara, but the kids understand me. I have become one of them!
3 comments:
Cheetos and Dads ... a country song in the making.
Paul, you are hilarious. I am sure Tara was happy to be home and I am sure the kids were more happy to see her. Not that you are a bad dad or anything, but their tummies probably hurt from all those cheetos!! WAY TO GO!! Believe me, girls camp is way worse than staying home with 2 little boys!!
Funny possts! Yes Tara is home and sooo done with camp! You go girl-- it was awesome!! Lots of big hugs!!
Post a Comment