Tuesday, June 22, 2010

GOUT!

"What is Gout and how do you get Gout?" These are some of the questions I have received over the past month since I had my last gout attack. "Pain and I don't know" are my usual responses. I am not going to bore you with the details of it, that's what google is for. If you are dying to know click here. Everyone has some home remedy that works or something they do to treat it. That's fine and dandy for them, but unless their "home remedy" is a hacksaw I'm not listening. Cutting your foot off is the only "home remedy" advice I will take.

Back in September I had my first attack. I thought I had broke my foot. I could not figure out why my foot hurt. Tara got up in the middle of the night and walked by the bottom of the bed and grabbed my foot on accident. My life flashed before my eyes as I slipped in and out of consciousness from the pain that came from her grabbing my foot. I figured that day that I better go see a doctor. I went to the doctor sure that my foot was broke or had a crack in it. The doctor poked at my foot some and said, "I think you have gout!" What! Gout! Nooooooooo!!!!

My dad has gout, when I think of gout I think of him and his feet. This meant that I was on my way to getting the "grizz foot". My dad tells the grandkids that a Grizzly Bear got his feet, which I kind of believe. Here are some pics of his feet.

(Warning! What you are about to witness is graphic and may cause vomiting!)









Now you understand my fear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez Paul, looks like you have something to look forward to. Good luck.

Katie McCaul said...

OH dear! good luck...those pictures are pretty bad.