That scan changed everything.
Our lives would forever be changed because of the results of that scan."...we are sending you to Primary Children's...further testing..."
"...an ill-defined area of increased density...right thalamus....gray area..."
"The report does not define the area..."
The words still sting. It still hurts. I still cry.
This sweet baby boy of mine has come so far.
(Here he is a few weeks before the first CT scan. Not quite 11 months old)
(Here he is a few weeks before the first CT scan. Not quite 11 months old)Dylan has been a trooper through MRI scans, IV pokes, brain surgery, port placement surgery, 7 blood transfusions, 1 platelet transfusion, too many nights in a hospital crib, weekly blood draws, and more physicals and well baby checks than I ever thought possible. We won't even get started on all the medicines he has had to choke down.
And through it all he keeps on smiling, running, playing, laughing, and loving.
(A year later. A month shy of turning 2 years old.)
(A year later. A month shy of turning 2 years old.)As I reflect on the last year of life, I am humbled. We have gained so much in the past year. I have gained a greater understanding of what family life is all about. Every second of everyday is important. Spending time with my kids is what brings me happiness. I have gained a greater understanding of the love that my Heavenly Father has for each of his children. He does hear and answer prayers. He wants us to be happy. He gives us trials so that we will learn to rely on him. He wants nothing more than for us to return to him and I know this. I have witnessed his healing powers and know that he is a God of love.
This past year has been a crazy one.
I wouldn't change it for anything.
(except, maybe one less brain tumor)
Cinco de Mayo? We'll be Cinco de Mayo-ing it up at Dixie Regional doing treatment #12.That's right baby, our last treatment is to-mor-row! We are gonna par-tay. With the nurses. And the chemo bag. And the annoying tubing. And the small room. With a tiny window. That you can't really see out of. But. We are gonna party. It's Dylan's last treatment for heaven sakes! Oh what a happy glorious day!
Peace out!
This past year has been a crazy one.
I wouldn't change it for anything.(except, maybe one less brain tumor)
Cinco de Mayo? We'll be Cinco de Mayo-ing it up at Dixie Regional doing treatment #12.That's right baby, our last treatment is to-mor-row! We are gonna par-tay. With the nurses. And the chemo bag. And the annoying tubing. And the small room. With a tiny window. That you can't really see out of. But. We are gonna party. It's Dylan's last treatment for heaven sakes! Oh what a happy glorious day!
Peace out!
13 comments:
Hey Mogles, we are so happy it is treatment #12 and maybe and hopefully his last!!! You guys are terrific, you are amazing all you have went through. Dylan is especially amazing, he has done so well through all this. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as we hope and pray this is it for awhile? Are you doing this last treatment down in Dixie? I thought you had to go to PCMC for this last one for the MRI? I'll call you and we'll talk!!!
What a great post. You guys are definitely an inspiration. You better party like you've never partied before!
Go Dilly Dawg Go!!! Yay :) Good luck to you cute little Mogles. Much love from all of us here at the Leake residence :)
The day has finally arrived! A year ago, 12 treatments seemed so far away. Dylan is my hero. He has made me a better person. I have learned so much from him. I am so grateful to have been a part of this whole process. I always look forward to all of your updates and e-mails. Love you guys and GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! Go Dylan Go!
Yay Yay Yay! Love this post! So glad tomorrow is his final treatment. What an amazing little guy!
woot woot! if you happen to be celebrating by the time i get there at 6, i will for sure be giving my most heartfelt YIPEE, YEEHAW and HALLELUJIAH!!!
What an inspirational post Tara! I need to spend more time with the kiddos... you are the best! Good luck Dylan!!
I have to agree, that was an incredibly inspirational post Tara! I will Dylan and your family in my prayers! I hope we can make it to our family reunion in June, I would love to see you all! xoxo Lindsey
Tara you are a very strong women and I admire you for your inspiration! Yay for Dylan and his last treatment...I pray all goes well! Good Luck :)
thank you for being the example i need in my life. you are such an amazing strong women. and dylan... words cannot express what a tough stong little guy he is. he is a great example to everyone. good luck with treatment #12 i hope everything goes great!
I am SO happy for you! So glad it is finally his last treatment! You have been amazing through this. I hope all goes well!!
Wow! What a year you've had! You guys are amazing! Congrats on the last treatment! I hoe all goes well!
Hi Tara! I love reading your blog. I cant believe what a strong woman you are. You are a HUGE influence to so many people out there. Every time i read about your little Dylan my heart hurts for you guys. I am SO glad he is doing so well and I hope it continues.
Post a Comment