
Yesterday was chemotherapy.
It felt like we were at the hospital forever.
{It always feels like forever when we are at the hospital}
To kill some time I tried to take a few pictures of us...
and Woody...
and us again, without the lion hat...
Dylan wasn't in the mood for pictures
he was tired...
{this made sitting through the treatment very easy}
Today is sit-around-in-your-jammies-and-chill-day.
It's quite lovely. Really.

This morning I talked to my mom.
We talk every morning.
Today, before I got out of bed, I decided it was going to be a good day. No excuses. I can come up with lots of excuses to make it a bad day...like:
I was up at 11:30pm with Dylan
I slept in his little bed next to him from 11:30pm-3:00am
I was up again with Dylan at 3:15....he must have noticed I wasn't next to him
I brought Dylan to my bed
Put Connor back in his own bed
Got up with Connor at 5:00am
And then up for the day at 7:45...just in time to kiss Paul goodbye
ew, I had morning breath...he kissed my cheek!
It felt like we were at the hospital forever.
{It always feels like forever when we are at the hospital}
To kill some time I tried to take a few pictures of us...
and Woody...
and us again, without the lion hat...
Dylan wasn't in the mood for pictures
he was tired...
{this made sitting through the treatment very easy}Today is sit-around-in-your-jammies-and-chill-day.
It's quite lovely. Really.


This morning I talked to my mom.
We talk every morning.
Every. Single. Morning.
While she drives to work.
Today my mom got me thinking about how I prepare myself and the kids for chemo day, and also the day after chemo. Truth be told chemo day is easy but the day after, for some reason, is the hard day. I'm still not sure why. {you would think I could have it figured out by now....I don't}While she drives to work.
Today, before I got out of bed, I decided it was going to be a good day. No excuses. I can come up with lots of excuses to make it a bad day...like:
I was up at 11:30pm with Dylan
I slept in his little bed next to him from 11:30pm-3:00am
I was up again with Dylan at 3:15....he must have noticed I wasn't next to him
I brought Dylan to my bed
Put Connor back in his own bed
Got up with Connor at 5:00am
And then up for the day at 7:45...just in time to kiss Paul goodbye
ew, I had morning breath...he kissed my cheek!
Today has been a great day! I decided that instead of letting the entire house be a disaster zone, I would let the living room be the designated disaster zone. Guess what? I have a clean house. I've mopped, washed, folded, wiped, vacuumed, and cleaned. And it feels so good.

Today I bid a happy farewell to "the day after" blues.

Today I bid a happy farewell to "the day after" blues.
10 comments:
What a great post...love all the pics. You've got two of the cutest boys I've ever seen!!
XOXO Melanie
P.S. Will you come clean my house next??
I think you are amazing. In every sense of the word. Amazing.
Chemo is rough stuff. You are such a good mom to those two cute boys. I love reading your blog.
I also think you are amazing and I think your Dylan is too! Im so glad he still has all his beautiful red hair!!
And... nice job on the clean house!
That's what I need to do...have a designated messy room while I clean the rest of my house...now if I can only get my girls to agree!!
You are such a strong person and an amazing mother. I just lucky to have been your friend.
I love this post :) you are an awesome mommy!
Love your post! Glad you got to clean your house...i need to motivate myself everyday:( your boys are so cute. You guys really are amazing and such an example to all of us! love you lots!!!
You are a great example to me! Your attitude about everything is wonderful! Your boys are so cute! I hope things continue to go well for you guys
You are my hero!! No kidding, you really are. I look at your blog often, and think of you so much!!! You are so tough, and I'm so glad things are looking up for you guys!!! You are an incredibly strong woman..and couple...and family!!!
Post a Comment