Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Good News

No, wait Great News
(that sounds better)

Last week we headed to Primary Children's for treatment number nine.
Number nine?
Yes!
Number nine is in the books.
Dylan was scheduled for an MRI, hearing test, and chemotherapy.

Have I told you how bad I hate the MRI's? I guess I don't hate the MRI just the whole process of, you know, putting my child to sleep instantly with some heavy duty medicine, and then having to leave the room while they perform the scan.
It's heartbreaking.
Every single time we have to leave him in there it hurts.
A lot.
ugh, I don't even like to think about it.

The MRI and hearing test were finished fairly quickly. Quickly might not be the right word. Lets just say I was pleasantly surprised to find the hearing lady "almost finished" by the time we got back up to recovery to sit with Dylan while he slept (for two more hours. protocol I guess?)

When he did finally wake up he was so funny. And grumpy.
Very grumpy.
Usually he is happy and funny and so cute.
This time he was grumpy and drunk?!
He wanted to "get down walk" but he literally could not walk.
Sad and funny all at the same time.

Here's a little video of him waking up. It doesn't really show how out of it he really was, but you get the idea.

The Great News is that Dylan's hearing is perfect and...
the stinkin' tumor is stable. WooHoo!!!!!
Prayers answered. Again.

Here are my thoughts about life right at this moment:
Modern medicine is incredible.
Doctors are inspired.
Dylan is Superman.

I have said it before and I'll say it again:
God is truly a God of miracles.
I am a witness to these miracles.
He is so aware of each of us.
My little Dylan is a work of miracles all bundled up into one snuggly little bunch of red-headedness.

Only three treatments to go.
THREE!!!
And the best part, we get to do them here in St. George.
Yay for no trips to Salt Lake!

In 16 weeks we will head back up to Primary's for a final MRI.
If everything looks good we are scheduled to remove his port the following morning.

Pray for my baby.
Pray for good health and a shrinking tumor.
Please.
These next 16 weeks are so important.
So very important.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
I can see it now!

And here are some pics of our recent trip:Dylan wanting us to "follow me" around the halls.
Sleeping off the meds. The buttons on his forehead were for the hearing test.
Reading The Polar Express with Dad while doing chemotherapy.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the good news?

Tara Mogle said...

ya, sorry about that. I hit the publish button and the only thing there was the title! duh Tara!?!?!?!?

It's fixed.
Read on.
love you

Christian and Melissa said...

I was a little confused myself! Now, it all makes sense. My heart is right there with you...as it always is. Having your child fall alseep at the drop of a hat is seriously a horrible feeling! I absolutely can't imagine how hard it is for you guys! Dylan fits that Superman shirt for sure! Yeah for getting to stay home for the last three! Our prayers, as always, are with you. Love ya!

Haylee said...

You are always in our thoughts and prayers! Such good news, and we hope that it continues!!

Our Family said...

Dylan is superman for sure!! I can't even imagine having to watch my child do an MRI, but I am glad it is something that can better help your doctors help your sweet boy!!

The Peterson Clan... said...

Congratulations Tara! That is awesome news!!! So happy for you guys! Dylan is such a strong boy and you are such a strong mommy!

Hayden said...

Wow! Your family is so strong! (And dang cute!) I am amazed how you are always so positive! What a great example! Wish you best!

Anna said...

great great wonderful news! he is superman!

Katie McCaul said...

HOORAY!!! he is superman:) we will be praying hard for all of you...love all the pictures. thanks for reminding me how special little ones are!

Melissa Hallman said...

Tara, it is heartbreaking for any parent to see that awful medicene putting your baby to sleep. When Max was 1 he had to have a MRI (we were half way through chemo) My Dad visited and he came in the MRI room with me, and he started crying and he said it was the hardest thing he has ever had to go through, and it is. Anyway... has Dylan ever had "Versaid" before a MRI? Max has had it a couple of times and he comes out REALLY Grumpy!! But other than that they wake up fine! Yes, a little drunk! And funny! lol Glad the tumor is STABLE!! I just wish it was gone for you! As long as it not growing that the good part. So I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers!! Hang in there Mogle Family!! Blessing will be Answered!! .)

Tera said...

Tara - glad to hear that things are looking up for you guys. I can't even begin to imagine all that you have been through...you truly are a strong person!

The Dyreng Family said...

We are so excited to hear such great news. We hope you know you are in our prayers and thanks for being the family that you are, you guys are incredible.

Shayla D. said...

Tara, you don't have a clue who I am, but I've stalked your blog for quite awhile now. I'm one of those Sanpeters who I grew up with your husband and brothers.

Anyhoo, I want to tell you how wonderful I think you are! I love your quick wit, but I've also sat and blubbered as I've read your son's story. I'm so glad to hear good news about your little guy. Good luck with the upcoming treatments. You guys really have a beautiful family! That little man of yours will for sure be in my prayers.

Peterson Family said...

I can't imagine what you are going through, Haidyn deffinantly has her challenges in a totally different way, Spina Bifida we do all of the MRI's, Cat scans surgery's and so forth, you have got to love Primary Childrens though they are the greatest. I hope everything else is going well.