Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mogle Happenings

Halloween is Saturday.
I am so happy.
This month is almost over.
Treatment number six for Dylan is on Monday.
That means a new month is almost here.
We are half way through treatments.
That very thought makes me want to sing.
Really loud.

Paul is staying very busy with work. Very busy. He was in Arizona for 2 days this week for work. He is working on very big projects here in St. George. Airport Parkway is his biggest project right now. He can't wait for it to be done. There is a lot of stress with this project. I am grateful for the stress caused by his job. I would rather have the stress that comes with a job than have the stress of No job!
Paul has a deer tag. Is it still hunting season? He has not been able to hunt once. Not once. He is a little disappointed about it but not really. Maybe next year babe!

I am still busy being mom. I have had a few projects on my to-do list. I am slowly, but surely, getting them marked off my list. It has taken over a year now to get the baseboards and doors painted in the house. Still not done but I have been working on it...again. I also painted a wall in our living room. Love it. Now I want to paint the rest of the walls. After Dylan's treatment and recovery I will paint again. Did I mention that this will be Dylan's sixth treatment. Sixth! We are halfway done!
Connor is almost completely potty trained! If I put him on the potty, he goes. He is still very fearful of pooping (that's a funny word: poop) on the potty. I put a diaper on him to poop. Then back to his big-boy unders! I am so proud of him.
He is my little talker. He will say his nightly prayers with Paul....so precious. He is so funny. He still loves Mickey, trains, and he can't wait to wear his Thomas the Train costume on Halloween. Don't even get me started about his Halloween costume....Thomas the Train, really? whatever. It wasn't worth the fight to try to talk him into something else. He loves Thomas the Train.
Dylan had his first experience at a hair salon. My sweet neighbor Kim trimmed his wild hair.
"Not too short." I told her. Its perfect. Still long enough to see the curl in the back. I love it. Dylan is walking. You may have seen the video I posted on facebook. If not, here it is again. Isn't he the cutest little redhead?
In other news.

We, as in the babies and I, were out playing in the front yard. I let them ride their bikes and they were having a grand time. I decided that since they were playing nicely and no one was hurt that I would pull a few weeds. I turned my back for a second and I hear Connor:

"whoooaaaaa! Mommy, Dylan flying!"

I turn around to see Dylan hauling you-know-what down the driveway on his little car. His itty-bitty feet were too small to stop him, let alone slow him down on the incline of our driveway (which by the way, isn't that steep). He hit the end of the driveway where the cement meets the road and "flew" over the front end of his bike/car.
Connor was exactly right. Dylan was flying.
Lets just say there was a lot of gravel, roadrash, and blood on his little face. I was scared so I ran in the house and called Paul: "You need to come home now!" Click. I put Dylan in the tub. The cure-all for this boy is a bath. He was fine. A little banged up physically and emotionally but he was alright.

Life is good. We are happy, healthy, and loving life.
Saturday is Halloween. We will trick-or-treat Saturday. Sunday we will head up to Salt Lake. Monday Dylan will have his sixth treatment.
That is life. And it is oh, so good!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck, that Dylan is so sweet!!! What a good talker. AND A GOOD WALKER!!! And What more could you ask for in life than to get a child potty trained. Life is good. I love you guys so much!

Anna said...

what child does not want to fly?! good for Dylan. I bet connor was jeaouls. :) sounds like life is really good for you. 1/2 way there! and you mentioned ME on YOUR blog! you are so cool. it makes me feel cool. :)

Collette said...

Such cute boys! Good luck at the treatment this week. We'll be thinking of you guys.

Heidi and Josch said...

dang they are cute. poor baby...flying. lol
hope everything goes well on monday

Amanda said...

They both are so so CUTE!!! I love the peeing in the potty and pooping in the diaper that is so funny. Poor little boy flying over his bike. It is good to hear you are 1/2 way with the treatments YAY!

Christian and Melissa said...

Okay...are you just loving the feeling of success with potty training?? Seriously, the pooping thing is the hardest part. I did the same thing with Anders for a while. He would only go in a diaper. The funny thing is that I honestly can't remember when he started going in the toilet! Hello! It was like 6 months ago! Pathetic! I think he just started doing it when he was ready. :) Don't you love that answer? Let me tell you this, the best feeling in the world is when (if he hasn't already) he tells you he needs to go to the bathroom. It's like you suddenly forget how much hell you went through to get to that point and you think it was all worth it! Which reminds me, I should probably get my carpets cleaned. :) You're boys just melt my heart. You are the perfect mom to have two such adorable boys!