So that being said, here is all the "ridiculousness" that I bought:
28 boxes of cereal
4 skippy peanut butter
8 fruit snacks
12 Knorr rice
5 Suave kids shampoo
4 boxes of Nutrigrain bars
4 boxes of Poptarts
3 Huggies baby wipes
4 Dial handsoaps
3 Crest toothpaste
3 Suave deodorants
2 Danimals crushcups
20 Yoplait yogurt
1 box of Huggies diapers
2 Tyson ready cooked chicken
6 Del Monte fruit cups
1 Caress bar soap (6 pack)
2 Caress body wash
2 Dove body wash
2 Macaroni Grill pastas
1 BC frosting
2 BC cake mix
3 BC brownies
2 BC cookie pouches
1 Chex mix
1 Cheerios mix
3 Wishbone salad dressings
4 Ragu sauce
4 All laundry detergent
4 Klondike bars ("what would you do-oo-oo for a Klondike bar?)
1 donut
3 Tide laundry detergent
2 French's mustard
2 jars of pickles
4 packs of Mentos gum
4 Secret deodorant
6 Oral B toothbrushes
2 Snickers bars
Sorry, no picture...its all been dated and put away!
But you can imagine right?
Here's the part that is really ridiculous. I only spent $132.58 for all of this and I saved a grand total of $384.53!!!!!!!
I know that this is my show-and-tell and some of you may think that this is really annoying, however, my point is that coupons work. When I started out I never saved this much money. Its taken a few months but I think I got it. I saved big bucks on these crazy sales by combining my coupons with the sale prices. It was so worth it to stock up for my family. Yes, I spent a lot but my full pantry is now busting at the seams, my freezer was already full (just enough room for the Klondike bars:), and now I have an awesome supply of personal hygiene crap to add to whatever else I had stuffed underneath the bathroom cabinet!
I guess this is my new hobby. I can't really afford to take on an expensive hobby like scrapbooking or quilting but I can do one that will save my hubby's paycheck and hopefully get our food storage built up. An answer to prayers....definitely!
Happy Shopping!
4 skippy peanut butter
8 fruit snacks
12 Knorr rice
5 Suave kids shampoo
4 boxes of Nutrigrain bars
4 boxes of Poptarts
3 Huggies baby wipes
4 Dial handsoaps
3 Crest toothpaste
3 Suave deodorants
2 Danimals crushcups
20 Yoplait yogurt
1 box of Huggies diapers
2 Tyson ready cooked chicken
6 Del Monte fruit cups
1 Caress bar soap (6 pack)
2 Caress body wash
2 Dove body wash
2 Macaroni Grill pastas
1 BC frosting
2 BC cake mix
3 BC brownies
2 BC cookie pouches
1 Chex mix
1 Cheerios mix
3 Wishbone salad dressings
4 Ragu sauce
4 All laundry detergent
4 Klondike bars ("what would you do-oo-oo for a Klondike bar?)
1 donut
3 Tide laundry detergent
2 French's mustard
2 jars of pickles
4 packs of Mentos gum
4 Secret deodorant
6 Oral B toothbrushes
2 Snickers bars
Sorry, no picture...its all been dated and put away!
But you can imagine right?
Here's the part that is really ridiculous. I only spent $132.58 for all of this and I saved a grand total of $384.53!!!!!!!
I know that this is my show-and-tell and some of you may think that this is really annoying, however, my point is that coupons work. When I started out I never saved this much money. Its taken a few months but I think I got it. I saved big bucks on these crazy sales by combining my coupons with the sale prices. It was so worth it to stock up for my family. Yes, I spent a lot but my full pantry is now busting at the seams, my freezer was already full (just enough room for the Klondike bars:), and now I have an awesome supply of personal hygiene crap to add to whatever else I had stuffed underneath the bathroom cabinet!
I guess this is my new hobby. I can't really afford to take on an expensive hobby like scrapbooking or quilting but I can do one that will save my hubby's paycheck and hopefully get our food storage built up. An answer to prayers....definitely!
Happy Shopping!
9 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing your secerts!! So far I have spent $50.00 in groceries and have brought home $160.00 It's totally awesome!! Thanks again, you rock!!!
really! when i say i need help.. I NEED HELP!! ben and i go to the store and we end up with a $250.00 grocery bill and what feels like nothing to show for it!! like clock work every two weeks! aaarrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!! it is so frustrating.. i just need to put forth the effort... i just don't know where to start!! you are THE MASTER!!
I so need to jump on this coupon band wagon. I just look at your blog and other money saving blogs and get so overwhelmed I just bag the whole idea. I could be saving some serious cash though. I need to find me a good teacher--you're a little far away. :)
Was the one donut on sale?? Or just a little treat while you were shopping??!?!? 28 boxes of cereal?!?!? That is INSANE!! I love couponing!
Just a little treat Marci~ gotta keep Connor occupied for a minute!
seriously...you need to share your secrets of how to do coupons! i try, and i don't feel like i really "save" all the time!!
HOLY CRAP... I need to learn these coupon tricks....that is incredible!
Do you use one of the websites that tell you when to use your coupons? I just started using Grocery Smarts but still have a hard time finding motivation to do the shopping weekly since I still work full-time and am about to pop from being 36 weeks prego. :) May be I'll get motivated again once this baby comes out.
XOXO Melanie
I am like Kim...it totally stresses me out so I bag the whole thing. I need to do it but seriously not sure how to start. You are awesome! GO GIRL
Post a Comment