
Wednesday afternoon we got the results back from the biopsy. Dylan has a Grade 2 astrocytoma. They found more tumor cells than they were expecting but it is NOT malignant. So that is good news. However, they want to start chemo on him. Because he is so young, is already showing symptoms (shake in arm) and because they also think the tumor is in a weak state they think chemo will help to shrink or possibly get rid of it. They want to start chemo sometime during the week of June 8-12. We go up this week to meet with the oncologist to discuss all our chemo questions. We don't know how often they will do the treatments. All these questions will be answered this coming week.
I want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. We can really feel the strength of your prayers. That probably sounds dumb but it is true. I believe it is the only way that we are dealing with this. To show that prayers are answered, when they went in for the biopsy they were originally only going to get 2 samples. But when they got in there they got 3 samples. The first 2 samples didn't tell them anything it was that 3rd sample that showed them everything and allowed them to properly diagnose it. We have been praying that we could properly diagnose it. That was an answer, and also how well he has recovered and with how well the biopsy went is another direct answer.
My intent isn't to be preachy however I got to say what I am seeing and tell y'all thanks.
Many people have asked us what they can do to help us out. Keep praying. Pray that we can get rid of this tumor with the chemo. Pray for his strength during chemo. That's all I can ask for. I don't know what else we need. Everyone keeps asking and I keep saying, "I don't know, just keep praying for him". That's the only thing I can think of. There have been people who have just given us stuff, to you a special thanks. Like I say I don't know what we need but we appreciate whatever. A lady in our ward brought us a travel bag that had cookies, crackers, treats, and 2 magazines. I would have never have thought to give something like that, but it was perfect. While we sat in the waiting room we read through the magazines and munched on the remaining snacks. We had a friend give us more money than they should have even considered given for gas money and food. Thanks so much. We have one neighbor watering plants and another one taking our trash out. Every little thing helps out so much.
We are simply amazed by the support system and the kind, giving people in our lives. We are quickly realizing that we are bad friends and neighbors. I don't know that we would have done all these kind acts. In our house the words "I love you" now have a stronger feeling involved with those words. We are seeing things a little differently. It's got me thinking why have we waited for something like this to happen to open our eyes?
To answer that question, "What can we do to help?" For us, keep praying. But more importantly love a little deeper. Make the words "I love you" have some feeling involved with it. Be a better person. Be the friend or neighbor that does stuff. There is someone around you that YOU could do a kind act for. Don't sit on your duff and do nothing, but if you get the idea to do something do it! Some people are going through some bad stuff and aren't as fortunate to have the support system that Tara and I have. Be that support system. Take their garbage out, buy them a travel bag, if you can give them some money. I can't emphasize how much it will help that person out. We have a lot of shoulders to cry on, but someone else might not. Be that shoulder others can cry on.
Don't wait for some tragic event to happen in your life to open your eyes. Open them now. Take the time to spend with your family. Be a better person, be the one that cares.
11 comments:
tara,
i am so happy i found your blog thru the capitan's! it will help me keep up with your life and let you know we are praying for dylan and your family. luv u guys!
nisi
www.knlove.blogspot.com
What great news...for the most part. Will he do chemo at Primary's or in St. George? We're praying for the little guy, and you guys also.
Sorry my last comment was kind of short. I got interrupted and hit post. Let us know anytime that you are up here and we would love to get together or bring you whatever you need.
Good luck in the next little while. We're thinking of you and praying that all goes well.
Thanks for the update...we will be praying for Dylan and your family. Thanks for reminding me of things I need to be doing. Family is so great and sometimes we get caught up in day to day stuff we forget how much they mean to us.
You guys are amazing examples of strength. My love and prayers! I live moments away from downtown, please let me know if you need anything at all!!!!!
Apparently I have not been reading your blog as I just heard about this. I'm so sorry Tara. I will be praying along with everyone else. All I can say is that sometimes ppl are stronger than you think. My 87 year old grandma had a tumor on her brain two years ago and she went thru surgery that I never expected her to live thru and she now up and about pretty healthy for an 89 year old lady. Strength come in all shapes and sizes and I think that Dylan has more strength they you even know. And I know you do to. I love you lots and I hope it all goes well, it will. I know it. Keep us posted. I will be praying for you.
Love Ash
AWESOME BLOG, I loved reading it. It made me think that I really do need to be more thankful for many things that are just overlooked. And your blog got me thinking of someone that needs some help.
Tara I had no idea this was going on. YOu guys are in my prayers give little dylan a kiss from me. Take care and if you need anything I am here.
Hey Tara we just wanted you to know we will be thinking about you ! You will be in are Prayers! I know its not much But be strong. My dad says he will keep you and your family in his thoughts and every prayer.
Holy cow, Tara! I'm so sorry! Best of luck on everything; I'll be praying for you!
xo-Jeri
Paul and Tara, just scrolling through some blogs tonight and came across your family crisis. Hope everything works out. I'm sure it will. We'll keep your little guy in our prayers. Worst case is he turns out like Pickett...I know that's not very consoling. Take care, thinking about ya,
B.
Thanks for the update! We love you guys so much and will continue to keep you and Dylan in our thoughts and prayers! I can't imagine what you have been going through. I cry every time I think or read about it though. I felt so bad when I heard your news but am glad to hear things for now are positive other than the Chemo, we will pray that it will help though and Dylan will be better in no time. All of our love, The Jensen's!
Post a Comment