Friday, February 27, 2009

Another visit to the doc

Dylan is 9 months old....already! Wow, he is getting so big. I know everyone always says that they can't believe how fast their kids grow but SERIOUSLY! This last year has been so busy with selling our house, moving twice, and buying a new house....oh and having a baby in all the craziness! Well, here we are 9 months later with Dilly-dog (as we like to call him:) He really is a funny little guy. He is a lot less maintenance than Connor was at this age. He is so content to watch Connor run circles around him. He'll laugh at Connor if Connor is laughing at him. Its so fun to watch them interact with each other. Dylan is still just our little tank who is happy as can be to sit and, well, sit. He gets around a little but he is certainly NOT crawling. He gets on his hands and knees and will rock for a few minutes and then he just stretches his little arms as far as he can and gets what he needs then sits back. He moves in a backward direction really well. He's mobile though, right?

Ok so for the record we went to the doc for his 9 monther and here are the stats:
height: 28 3/4 inches (75th %)
weight: 19.8 pounds (just under the 50th%) -see he is mobile, he is losing a little weight!

That part of the check-up was great and then he checked his ears.....brace yourself....another beepin' double ear infection. You have got to be kidding me! I knew that he had another one before I even took him in. He has just been miserable lately. Heck, I've been miserable with him. It gets really old holding a grumpy baby all day....literally all day! He wakes up in the night and just moans and groans its so sad. So, for the record he has had an ear infection since January 20th. Yep over a month. After a few days of antibiotics he is good but as soon as the medicine is gone he is miserable again. Poor baby Dyl! Hopefully he will get feeling better soon.

Other than yucky ears he is just getting big and is so so so much fun to have in our family. I love to watch Connor play with him and love on him.

He finally fell asleep about an hour ago!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he is so cute! it is so funny that he is so different from connor. ear infections are not fun. parker had so many of them before and after he had his tubes put in. and what sucks is the bottle makes it worse but you cant help that so what do ya do? argh... well your guys are so cute and we hope to see you soon!!!

Gonzales Family said...

what luck eaer infections again!! I am so sorry sick kids are so hard! good Luck xoxo Lindsay

Katie McCaul said...

I hope he gets better soon! I hate sick babies.