Monday, January 19, 2009
Grocery Store Adventures
Ok, so I am totally one of those moms who takes her kids to the store every single time I go! Some may think I am crazy but its an excuse for me to get the kids out of the house and for me to get the shopping done. We have learned to manage pretty well. Dylan now sits in the front of the cart and Connor walks with me. Believe it or not he is usually pretty good to stay by me. That being said we do have our bumps and moments where I swear I will never take them with me again. For example: I was at Wal-mart getting a few of the essentials for the week and we started off on a bad note. Connor was hungry and I was tired....not a good combo when I am trying to hurry. Anyway I was throwing things into the cart and Connor was examining everything I would put in there. He wasn't smashing anything and acutally it was pretty funny watching him. I had to run over to the pharmacy and of course I had to answer a million questions and totally quit paying attention to my two children. I politely thank the lady for her help and turn around only to find that Connor had helped himself to some yogurt and was covered in it from head to toe! He had poked and ripped and pulled the aluminum top off and was dipping his whole hand into the cup and then sucking his fingers....you can only imagine the mess he had made. So I am telling myself, "Ok, ok, calm down and just keep walking....he's fine, you are almost done, just hurry and finish." Off to grab some eggs. Well stinky Wal-mart, their egg cartons were being dumba nd wouldn't latch closed so I was being really careful and decided to put the carton underneath the cart so they wouldn't get broken. We get to the checkout and this nice old man was helping us. He's telling me how brave I am for taking my two small children to the store and I am just trying to keep my sweaty armpit marks from showing all with a smile on my face. I get to the yogurt and explain to him that he opened it and ate it but that I still needed to pay for it. He takes the nasty slime covered cup, slides it across the scanner and wants to know if I still want it...um, no thanks! We got it all and then I go to grab the eggs to put up on the scanner, knowing that the lid is dumb and the box is flimsy, I am being so careful....not careful enough.....the damn box flipped and there went 18 flippin' eggs all over the floor. I think it would have been easier and a lot less embarrassing if they had all just broke but no a few had to go rolling down the aisle!!!! So there I am, already sweating and ready to get the beep out of there and I have to stop and pick up broken eggs! The old grandpa at the checker was so nice and didn't make me pay for them and even came running around to help me pick them all up. We did eventually make out but I was barely alive, Connor was a sticky mess from head to toe, and Dylan was hungry and crying....I swear I'll never take them again. haha ya right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, that is way too much trauma for me! It sounds like you handled it really well--I'm impressed! They would have had to carry me away on a stretcher. ;)
oh my, i thought one wild boy was enough. i know the feeling though... even your eyelids sweat. got ta love it!
Tara you are too funny. I just don't take the kids to the store...that would be suicide.
That story just totally made my day!!! THanks Tara :)
haha...just wait till you have 3!! :) I got it down pretty good with 2 also, and it wasn't too bad...but it seems that every time I go with 3, disaster strikes, which is why I generally have to wait until Nate gets home so that I can go shopping. But yeah...right there with ya...ya do what ya gotta do!
Story of my life!!!!! LOL. I would rather wake up and go shopping in the middle of the night then take Cash. He hates it and so do I.
Oh wow! I think you have done your hard time for 2009 and should get a "pass" for the rest of the year.
Post a Comment