I woke up Friday morning and made my way down to the Cow Palace

I would like to say we took the exam inside the Cow Palace however we weren't that privileged. We took the exam in the stables where they keep the barn animals for shows at the Cow Palace. It smelled the part. I thought to myself that this would give me an unfair advantage since I did grow up in Centerfield where there were the Dyreng/Beck cows to the West and the Centerfield dairy to the East of our house. I thought to myself that I was in my element. However that idea changed quickly when I saw the port-a-potties and caught a whiff of those! I know I grew up pretty red-neck but not that red-neck! So, as much as I thought I was in my "element" and playing with home field advantage I quickly got thrown onto the same playing field as everyone else when I got a random whiff of those dang port-a-potties!
After the test Ben (a co-worker from Boise that I took the exam with) and I went down to Fisherman's Wharf

and had some crab and took in some of the sites. We were trying to find this guy but we did see this guy.
Well I woke up in the morning and had some flu bug and let's just say I don't think I will be eating crab anytime soon! Saturday I had more tests to take, but was more worried about those port-a-potties then the tests. Saturday I had a test on Seismic (earthquakes) in the morning and Surveying in the afternoon. They weren't as hard or as stressful as the P.E. exam.
I wasn't going to let the flu bug keep me down, so here are some more pics of San Fran.


Here are the streets right across from the Cow Palace. Not exactly where you want to be after dark.

Sunday we went and broke bread with those who attended services at "Candlestick Park". Apparently, there were a group from Seattle who call themselves the "Seahawks" who battled with a group from San Francisco who call themselves the "49ers". I was enlightened!

So that is how I spent my weekend a week ago while Tara battled the kids. I would call her brave, but I was the one who used those port-a-potties and lived to tell the story.
2 comments:
Hi Tara!
Wow sounds like your husband had a rough weekend! Good luck on the exams! I hope he passes with flying colors! I live in St. George, and love it! Curren moved down about 1 1/2 ago and we have so much fun! Are in Logan? How is Scott?
Paul, we saw that dog, cat, mouse guy in Teleride a few years ago, so now we all can feel priviledged!!! The human race will be better for all.
Post a Comment