Friday, September 19, 2008

Our Past Week

This last week I have fallen shy of the "Mother of the Year" award for a few reasons
1) Connor has watched a lot of tv. I won't go into any details just believe me!
2) I spent way too much time on the computer
3) I can't get Connor to eat anything except hotdogs, cereal, fruit punch, and candy...whoppers in particular
4) I put Dylan in front of the tv so I can try to get a few things done. I know, I know, don't say a word
And the list could go on and on! This being said I have been trying to be better this week. We made playdough. I found a fabulous recipe. If you want it let me know! (it has vanilla in it so it smells so yummy!). Connor loves the playdough. We make cars, snakes, cookie cut outs, and jewelery. He loves to roll it out and make shapes. I can't believe I have waited so long to give the kid playdough. What was I thinking? We have played outside because it hasn't been as hot. We go out at about 8:30 in the morning and only last for maybe an hour, but at least we are outside right? And then we go outside for a little bit when it cools off at night. We have taken the boys on a few short walks at night. We let Connor ride his bike and he loves it. Dylan just chills in the stroller. Because Connor is riding his bike we usually don't get too far from home, but its nice to get out. I love going on walks together.
Yesterday I took Connor to get some new shoes. We left Dad home with Dylan. I thought it would be easier to take Connor alone and just find some shoes really quick. The shoes I wanted at Target are all out (and have been for like 3 weeks...annoying) and like Wal-mart has anything right now. Anyway he just needed a new pair of sandals or something quick to put on. No laces or socks yet....it's still too hot down here for that. So we headed off to PayLess. Now, I am not a fan of Character clothing. I just don't buy it! You can put your kids in character clothes and I am not going to think less of you...I just don't. Well they don't have anything except these red Lightening McQueen crocs and some slip on Lightening McQueen canvas shoes. Connor found the crocs and LOVED them. He grabbed the box, put on the shoes, and was done. I, however, was NOT done. I let him wear them and then convinced him to put on the canvas Lightening McQueen shoes. He didn't LOVE them but he saw there was a little picture of the car on the shoe and so that was good enough for him. And so I gave in to the character shoes and bought them for him. He absolutely loves them. He puts them on first thing in the morning and wears them all day...even to take a nap! Our week hasn't been too exciting but Connor and Dylan have kept us on our toes! What would we do without them!
Here are some pictures of our past week!

Connor sleeping with his new shoes on.

Dylan just hangin' out

Playing outside with Dad



Playing with Playdough!



4 comments:

Shae said...

Well, I definitely wouldn't be getting Mother of the Year award, either. I think we all go through that, (although, I think I might go through those phases more than others!) lol Anyway, I would love the recipe for playdough...that would be great!

Katie McCaul said...

I want the recipe also so you better post it! I didn't know doing that made ya a bad mom...that is my life! I really need to do more stuff with Reddek. I am totally with you about the charcter clothing thing...we havn't bought Reddek any because I don't love it, but trust grandma lud to get him a cars shirt and now he wants to wear it everyday! I love the stage they are at they are so funny! So Conner can ride his bike? Reddek isn't even close maybe I should work on that.

Jillyan said...

Your week sounded a lot like my week! I would love the play dough recipe. And don't worry, Wesley's 5food groups are chicken nuggets, cheese quesadillas, hot dogs, PB&J and fruit snacks. Nothing healthy. He won't ever try new foods. What can ya do?

Collette said...

It sounds like we (you, me, and everyone that has left comments) could form a "mother of the year" club. It is so good to know that I'm not the only winner mom...I mean that in the best possible way! I was actually talking to my mom the other day and she assured me that just about every mom out there does just those things. I felt much better.

As for character clothing, we're with you. We hate it. Bridger loves it when he gets some though.

Keep up the good work.