This past week Paul spent many hot hours stripping and sanding the table so that we could paint it. I obsessed over the entire project but did nothing to help him except crack the whip, a trait I learned from my mother. He finished sanding it on Thursday and I spent all day today painting and finsihing it up. Tonight we have the completed project all set up in our new dining area. We went into the project not really knowing exactly the "best" way to do it but we learned as we went and it was fun for us to work on it together.
I bought the chairs at Kmart and then I went to the DI this morning just to see what they had and you would never believe it but they had 6 windsor back chairs just like these at a ridiculously cheap price. They needed a lot of work and we didn't want to put that much into them and so we kept these and I love them!
5 comments:
That turned out soooo cute! You guys did a good job. Paul, don't worry the whip marks on your back, they fade away quickly, just ask Rob. I love it and I love your house too!
I love your house and table and chairs! They are so cute! In fact, I was thinking of getting something similar. We have had our table and furniture for 20 years now.. Wow!! We need your address,Crystal will be coming down around August 8th and may stop by to say HI!
Love ya
Your table is so cute. I'm glad I found your blog from Teresa's.
Koriann
Your table looks so good! Don't you just wish the guys didn't need the whip then we wouldn't be the bad guys they just need to do it on their own!
so cute, nice work. i wish i knew how to do that to my table.
Post a Comment