Or at least we like to think that we are! Yesterday at work Paul was offered an overnight stay at a condo up at Green Valley....all expense paid! He called and told me about it and I agreed that it would be a fun little vacation for our family, even if it was only overnight. So after he got home from work we ate dinner and headed out for our adventure. We stopped at none other than Wal-Mart so we could get some "treats" for the night and then we were off. Not ten minutes later we made another stop....at the condo. Yep, that's right we packed up our family so that we could go stay overnight in a condo that is seriously like 10 minutes away from our house. We didn't get there until like 8:30, which is normally Connor's bedtime but hey we were on vacation! We didn't do much, in fact we didn't do anything that we don't normally do at night.....sit outside and eat treats! Connor loved it though. There were two sliding glass doors that went out to the patio (one from the living room and one from the master bedroom) and so he ran in and out all night. We didn't stir up too much trouble....we watched the news (on Fox) and then Seinfeld, and the Simpsons. I even took a bath, part of my nighttime ritual. The tub had jets in it, which entertained Connor! After that we went to bed.....all together, in the same bed. This morning we were up and out of there by 7:45! (Paul had to go to work, of course)
Gosh, we're a fun family aren't we?
Sorry no pictures...I had the camera so I could take pictures but the battery was dead...dang it!
2 comments:
It's nice to get away for a night, even if it is only 10 minutes away!
We just went private with our blog, and I don't have your email address...so if you want to check out our blog, then just email me. (My email is on my profile.)
That is pretty funny, but it feels like a vacation just getting away from your house for the night. Well I bet it would I have never actually done what you just wrote about but I bet it was nice. YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE. So next time you are in Sterling we need to sit and talk while our boys play. We will be down there the weekend after the 24th when will you guys?
Post a Comment