Monday, July 14, 2008

Feeling Overwhelmed

This week we are closing on our house, finally! I think Paul has the movers coming on Saturday around 9:30 in the morning to move us. Yes we hired movers to move us, you would too if you had moved 6 times in 4 years, but no we are not paying for it!!! The agent that we are working with is paying for our moving team.

Anyway, when we moved down here we knew that we would only be renting for a short time and so I haven't unpacked everything, in fact we are kind of living out of boxes still. So I'm thinking that this move will be really easy, until I look around this house and see all of the JUNK that we still have. It's a bit overwhelming! Besides all of the junk, the house is a complete disaster, why? because I don't feel like cleaning it and Paul works all day and so when he gets home he doesn't want to clean either. Basically Connor rules the roost and so his toys are EVERYWHERE!!!!! Oh, well!

As I look around this morning I know that there is so much to do but when I try to load up a box, I don't really know what to put in it. I know that sound ridiculous but seriously I am OVERWHELMED at the thought of packing this house! Also, the minute I decide that I am seriously going to get going on this packing thing, one of the boys decides that they need me instead. To be honest I would rather sit on the floor and eat graham crackers dipped in milk with Connor while we watch "Cars" for the 29th time. (will we spill milk on the carpet, again.....you bet, and do we care anymore.....nope because Oxy Magic will get it out!)

Now that I have wasted precious minutes messing around on the computer I shall get to work, after all it is past 8:30 and Connor is still asleep! What am I thinking, not working while he is still asleep? I don't know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to pack boxes. It sounds like it won't take you too long anyway. Wish I could come help but no Lamb Days in Wells is this weekend. Yea another parade.

Katie McCaul said...

OH Tara! That doesn't sound fun but I can't pack anything till the last minute...it just seems like a test or paper I just keep procrastinating. It will be nice to be in your house and not move for a while! Reddek loves cars too! We have to watch it daily sometimes a couple times. But I am glad it gives me some time to clean up!

Shae said...

Good luck with your move, and congrats with your house! I would hire movers, too..especially if I didn't have to pay for them! It was so hard packing up boxes with two little ones (Mariah was 7 months when we moved), and so I left everything until 2 days before!! (We were actually painting our new house, so that took some of our "packing" time. :)

The Mitchell's said...

Congrats! I'll bet you are so excited to not have to live out of boxes anymore. Since Troy has gone up north to work, I am sure that I will be doing the same thing. Hopefully sooner than later.

The Petersen Clan said...

I am so excited for you! I have just had another hip surgery or I would be there in a minute to try and help. Be good and take care of your three boys Tara, you are awesome. Where are you moving to? You'll have to let us know so we can find you when we come down there.

Collette said...

I'd make the movers pack up the boxes!
Yay for new houses. Good Luck!