Friday, July 25, 2008

Celebrating Pioneer Day

The 24th of July came way too fast for us this year. We didn't have big plans to do anything special but it just came too fast. Last weekend we moved into our house and I spent the entire week unpacking. Are we unpacked yet? Of course not but it's coming along quite nicely.

Washington City hosted a breakfast and parade in the morning but we couldn't get moving early enough to make it to the breakfast so we ended up at IHOP! Eating out is always an adventure with two little boys and so we ended up missing the parade as well, oh well! We came home and played in the pool for a bit.


Paul and I decided that because we have a "real house" that we need to have a barbeque so Paul ventured off to none other than Wal-Mart to make the grand purchase. Our BIG plans for a backyard bbq party turned out to be just our little Mogle family. It was yummy though. We made ka-bobs and had a grand time together. Connor played in the water, as usual. Dylan chilled in his bouncer and Paul and I baked in the hot sun.


As far as fireworks go...lets just say there's always next year! We bought a little $10 pack of fireworks and some sparklers to do as a family but we also planned to go see the fireworks at the park. Around 8:30 we got our own little fireworks ready to go and by 8:45 Connor was done and so was I. When I lit a sparkler and he ran away from me because it scared him so bad I knew we should have just waited until next year for the real fireworks but......We knew the fireworks would scare him but we didn't think he would run and hide in the house. I think it would be appropriate to say that the fireworks probably scared the you know what out of him! Seriously I sent him in the house to watch because he was crying so hard. It was sad but frustrating and funny all at the same time.
Besides the fact that Paul ended up doing the majority of the fireworks alone, and we didn't get to see a parade or go to the breakfast or go see the fireworks at the park it really was a great day!

Here is Dylan just being good while I wrestle with Connor to watch the fireworks. Too bad he ended up in the house to watch. If you look closely you can see he's crying!

Paul put on a great show! Too bad he was the only one who was able to really enjoy it all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well - it's fun being a parent isn't it. You can truly look forward to missing out on a lot of things. And just think--It only gets worse. Love you