Monday, June 9, 2008

2 weeks old!

Today we took Dylan in for his 2 week check up! (Time flies when you're having fun!) I have noticed that his newborn clothes are already starting to get a little bit tight and the snaps are getting a little snug around his legs. Well the reason behind all of this is that he is growing at 2 and 1/2 times the normal rate for children his age.

Here are the stats:
length: 21 and 3/4 inches
weight: 9 lbs 1 oz
head size: 37 and 1/2 centimeters

I had to take him to the doctor at 1 week and he was exactly the same weight as he was when he was born, which was a good thing since most babies lose a little weight. Now at two weeks old he has grown almost 2 inches since he was born but he has gained OVER A POUND IN ONE WEEK!!! So this just tells us that he is getting big really fast. All he wants to do when he is awake is eat (no I am not kidding....all he wants to do is EAT!) He eats at least every two hours. He can go longer but that's only if he is asleep longer than two hours at a time. I have a feeling he is going to be a big boy!

Connor on the other hand doesn't want anything to do with food unless it has sugar on it and lately that's not even enticing to him. oh well I guess! He's happy and growing.

We can't complain.....two healthy boys is all we could ask for!

No comments: