A few months ago Paul was decided to go turkey hunting with Dylan and Samantha. Apparently he hasn't learned his lesson about the cost involved in this hunting event. A few years ago he went, and it cost us about $1000 by the time all was said and done!! (a story for another time!) Anyway, he ventured off in the 1999 GMC Jimmy that he's been driving around since we graduated from college in 2005. The Jimmy was in ok shape. Paul had spent many long weekends repairing and doing odd little fixings on it. It ran fine, just always needed something fixed!
He decided he was going to haul the Rhino up to Cedar City and find himself a turkey! Dylan and Sam went with him, while Connor and I stayed home--fearing the Jimmy wasn't going to make it through the trip.....well we were right! Paul was heading up the Black Ridge and blew the motor in the Jimmy! He got to an exit and decided to just take the Rhino out for a ride anyway--he's always such a good sport about life. I, on the other hand am not! (I would have been so mad and made him come right home!)
They ended up having a great ride and made it home just fine. The Jimmy was still drive-able for the most part. The ride home was almost all down hill anyway--thank goodness!
Paul made a few phone calls about getting a new motor put in it but the cost/risk far out weighed what I could handle and so we opted out. We were a one car family for about a month. It was ok. I had to drop Paul off every morning for work and then come pick him up after but it was fine. It did get old though!!
The Jimmy was a good little SUV. Paul drove it for 9 years and we had a lot of fun with it--but I am so happy it is gone!!
RIP little Jimmy!
No comments:
Post a Comment