This year, I maybe, sorta dropped the ball on Halloween. The kids had cheap costumes from Target/Wal-mart/Costco. No biggie. They could care less where I get the costume, they are happy to dress up! I did decorate the house a little bit. That is a huge step for me. In the past, we are lucky to get a single witch sitting up on the computer desk. I think where I really dropped the ball is in the pumpkin department....we had ZERO pumpkins on our porch, which translates into: we did NOT carve pumpkins this year! The night before Halloween, while at Wal-mart no less, Paul asked me about pumpkins....meh, I blew him off. I just wasn't feeling the pumpkins this year. oh well!
Halloween morning, 3:30 am to be exact, Dylan woke up and puked. That was the start to his "sick day." He spent the entire day on the couch with a fever, chills, and a tummy ache. He was able to get up for about an hour so we could trick-or-treat at Paul's work. After that, it was back on the couch! Dylan knew he wasn't going to be able to trick-or-treat that night so in a weak little voice he asked Connor: "Con, will you get me some candy at the trick-or-treat?" Connor so nicely agreed "because you are my best brother Dylan!" They are so sweet.
Trunk-or-treat time came and Paul let me dress up in his hippie outfit and take Connor out while he stayed home with Dylan and Sam. (Sam wasn't sick I just didn't want to take her with us) The night ended up being really fun for Connor and myself. We did trunk-or-treat at the church then hit up a few houses in the neighborhood. When it was all said and done, Connor ended up with 6 pound of candy!
Me, trying to watch my weight, came up with an evil plan to sell my kids' candy to the dentist. Both boys thought that was the greatest idea ever! Tuesday afternoon we headed to the dentist and sold all 6 pounds. While, Paul wasn't totally on board for selling ALL the candy, I think I convinced him that it was for a good cause: I won't be eating 5 pounds of sugar this month, the boys will not rot their teeth out, no candy will be mashed into the carpet, AND the dentist gave them $12 for the candy and then matched the $12 with a donation to a local charity. SCORE!! Of course, the money was well spent...right after they got it. Connor got Legos and Dylan got a Star Wars toy.
So even though I was a bit of a "witch" this year...I think the boys had a great Halloween!







1 comment:
Cute little boys.
Post a Comment