Monday, October 11, 2010

i get to think pink...finally

This weekend was very productive. Maybe not so much for my hubs, but for me it was! I pretty much neglected all motherly/wifely duties so I could work on these (with the help of my fabulous mother):this is a self-binding blanket....have you heard of them? they are so so easy and quick to make! it's not quite done but you get the idea!
i love me a rag quilt, especially with minky backing!

Here is what my mom made for the baby:
my mom is so talented and whipped this baby up in just a few days!
thanks mom.

And this is just a sneak peak of a little something else I've been working on for the baby's room!

Thanks Paul for taking over the house, kids, food, cooking, and everything else this weekend! You are the best!

9 comments:

Christian and Melissa said...

A-dorable!! I love the material you picked. I so wish I had an eye for that. I SO don't! I can't wait to see what a baby girl Mogle looks like!! :) P.S. You must have a pretty amazing hubby to get an entire weekend all to yourself! Way to go Paul!

Amber said...

Tara, the blankets are all stinkin' cute! I love the prints on both of them.

Katie McCaul said...

I love the blankets! SO jealous that you get to think pink. Your daughter is going to be gorgeous.

Shae said...

awesome! love the blanket! the self-binding blankets are way fun and easy to make!!

Amanda said...

Good Job they are all so cute! I wish I was talented in the blanket making area but I'm not. How exciting to be making girly stuff!!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Capitans said...

So I want to know how to make a self lf binding blanket do tell. I love them both so fun making stuff for babies even better for baby girls.

Ruby in the Rough said...

I have a baby blanket fetish. I love baby blankets! You'll love having a little girl. I know someone who loves making blessing dresses, if you need one. ;)

The Petersen Clan said...

You are amazing!! all that in one weekend? I'm impressed. Very cute and I can't wait to see her, if not in person, via your blog....good job girl!