Friday: After Paul got off work we headed up to Gunnison to stay the night. We didn't get there til late so we chatted for a bit and then went to bed.
Saturday: We were up bright and early. We ate breakfast and headed up to Salt Lake. Destination: Hogle Zoo with one of my best friends from Snow College. We got there and had to eat, of course. The zoo just doesn't have the same thrill factor that it once had. There was construction going on and Baby Zuri wasn't out when we stopped to see the elephants so we didn't get to see her. Dang it! That's ok, the boys were excited to be there with new friends! After strolling through the zoo we hit the playground for a bit and then called it a day!
After the zoo we had some of friends from Utah State meet us for dinner! We ate at Red Robin and let the boys play and laugh together. After dinner our boys were pooped so headed over to my cousin Cindy's house and spent the rest of the night watching football and snacking!




Sunday: We went to church with my cousin and her hubby and then lounged around and visited all afternoon. It was so fun to be with them and talk...and watch football (Paul was in heaven...especially with their big screen, HD channels, and comfy couches :). Later that night we headed down to Highland to have dinner with some other friends! Thanks Holly and Jared! Our kids got to play with more friends.
Monday: We had to get up early. I was up all night. I guess I was having a little anxiety about the scan. I haven't had any concerns with Dylan regarding the brain tumor but man I hate the whole process sedating him and seeing him lie there totally out of it. The nurses are always awesome and so careful with him. I am always grateful for that. This time we had Connor with us so while Paul held Dylan for the IV I was busy entertaining Connor. I think that made things a little easier having Connor with us to occupy my wandering mind during the scan. After the scan Dylan had an audiogram so he had to sleep a little longer :( After a few hours he was up and groggy but we headed to our appointment with the ever loving Dr. Bruggars in the oncology clinic.
It was a quick visit. She checked him over and told us the tumor is stable. We are so humbled to have a gone through this whole process with Dylan. We are so thankful he is doing well and learning and growing without the side effects of chemotherapy.
Thank you for all of your continued prayers and thoughts for our little Dylan.
1 comment:
Hello my hugging friend! I can't tell you how relieved I am that it's stable! I've seriously been thinking about it non-stop. We just love that little guy, even if we've only seen him once! Speaking of which, is it weird that I think the lower half of my face look OLD in the train picture! Sheesh, wish I could do something about that! The pictures are great and I'm so glad we got to finally spend some time together! I think I'll start planning a trip to St. George now. We just can't wait that long anymore! Love ya and you will always be my role model!
Post a Comment