Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Treatment #6

Treatment #6 is in the books!

Nothing out of the ordinary happened this trip, thank goodness. Connor got to spend the day with his cute cousin Caleb. They are only about 3 weeks apart so you can only imagine the fun they had together. (Thanks again Terra, for watching him!)

Dylan's appointments went according to plan, except that the MRI showed that the tumor is "stable." I really wanted to hear that it was shrinking just like the last time but, stable is better than growing. I am trying to be positive about it. It's good right? Stable.

He had the MRI and while he was still sedated the audiologist checked his hearing. His hearing is of no concern. Everything is perfect. We figured that the Carboplatin (chemotherapy medicine) hasn't affected his hearing because he is talking like crazy. So cute. I wish you all could hear his sweet little voice as he says, helicopter, elephant, daddy, mommy, susie, papa, jen, nat, matt, hotdog, applesauce...oh there are so many words. He is so sweet.

Today we are home and he is doing well. He is eating and drinking and acting normal. We make sure to keep hsi anti-nausea medicine in him and tonight hewill have IV fluids for 10 hours. He also got his H1N1 shot and his regular flu vaccine. His legs are probably a little sore but he is doing so well.

Connor is so excited for Santa. Aunt Susie gave him a Toys R Us magazine to look at and now he can't wait to tell Santa what he wants for Christmas. He is potty trained and is growing up right before my very eyes. His latest and greatest accomplishment, besides potty training, is his wink! ;)
Love it!


Aren't they so cute?

3 comments:

Poole Family said...

Tara,
I just love your blog! Thanks for always keeping it up to date for us. I am glad to hear that Dylan is doing well. Your boys are so dang cute! We love you so much!
Hang in there cousin!
Cindy lou

Amber said...

Hey Tara, it is so good to hear that little Dylan is doing so good. Hopes things continue to get better and better for you and your family. By the way, I love love the red hair!

Katie McCaul said...

Stable is good news! You guys are so strong...it always makes me think about the important things when I read your blog! You are such a good mom. Love your two boys!