Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hi, my name is Tara and I have scoliosis

No, scoliosis is not an STD.
No, you can't "catch" scoliosis.
No, I am not going to die from it...though, this week I think I might.


In a few words: I have a crooked spine....and this week it's really buggin' me.
By buggin' me I mean it HURTS.

In highschool, I wore this beauty:
(no this is not me, but this is what it looked like. Seriously.)

It didn't do anything, except hurt and provide a few laughs for the volleyball team.
I was a good sport.
I had "abs of plastic!"
This week I went to the doctor and then to physical therapy.
I told the physical therapist, "I wore a really big brace in highschool for about three months."
He laughed.
I wanted to punch him.
I laughed instead.

Thanks for letting me vent.
The end.

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Way to go for not punching him! I might have! I'm sorry your back is hurting you. You wouldn't be the Tara I know and LOVE if you weren't a little crooked! Love ya!

Kathryn said...

Ha Ha! This is Melissa! I'm on my grandma's computer! Sorry!

Justin and Tauna said...

I remeber it in basketball, oh it looks like it hurts so dang bad, and I would have totally punched the guy. You can vent whenever you want I will read your blog!

The Mitchell's said...

Oh the abs of plastic!! I will never forget that big ole' back brace, and me telling you over and over again to wear it!! I think the worst was when you had to wear it on those long bus trips!! Hope it gets feeling better! Love ya

Katie McCaul said...

Dang sorry your back is hurting you...I totally remember your brace! You are always a good sport. Hope you can figure something out:)

The Petersen Clan said...

I must be having sympathy pains, because my back is killin! I have been in rough shape for the last week. I hate that kind of stuff. I don't have scoliosis, but do have dumb hips and a tilted pelvis. But I wasn't as nice as you, in school when I got teased for walking like a duck, I got in fights! I wasn't in high school though, it was junior high, where the kids are meaner than mean. Please don't ever stop venting...It's nice to know we are not alone in our pain. Love ya

Our Family said...

I would have punched him. stupid doctors some days. hope you feel better soon!!

Toby and Emily said...

Hi Tara! I have scoliosis too. It's so weird that sometimes it's totally bearable and other times I want to die. Such a drag. I had to wear funny shoes and have some height added onto the soles of my shoes until I was 17. The cheerleaders laughed at me too. Such good times.