Monday, May 4, 2009

Mean Old Grandma

I took my boys on a bike ride to the park this morning.

Connor had lots of fun.

Running
Laughing...at himself
Screaming
Going down the slide on his belly (a new trick he learned yesterday at Papa Mogles)
Playing in the sandbox

Along comes nasty grandma in her sweaty-arm-pit-stained-gray-bra-showing-tank top!
With a "cool" toy

Connor is curious...(hello, he's 2 1/2.....he's curious. Not a thief!)

nasty grandma says, "oh this isn't for you." and pulls the "cool" toy away from Connor.
Connor runs back over by me
I give nasty sweaty-arm-pit-stained-gray-bra-showing-tank-top grandma a big crusty...no the sun was NOT in my eyes....I was glaring at YOU!!!!

defensive mom that I am says, "oh he's just looking he's knows its not his. he won't take it."
nasty grandma, "well, I brought it for my granddaughter."
defensive mom, me, "oh well, you're not a very good example of sharing are you!"

I then take my sweet, innocent, loving, blond haired, blued eyed, never-hurt-a-soul child by the hand and lead him away from nasty sweaty-arm-pit-stained-gray-bra-showing-tank-top grandma, put in him in his "cool" bike trailer hooked to my "cool" bike and say to him, "It's time to go. We don't want to have any fights today!"

"Bye kid!" shouts Connor as I am pedaling away.

As my sweet niece once told her mom about a mean lady at McDonalds....."I don't like that mean old grandma!"

5 comments:

Our Family said...

Sick I hate old ladies like that!! I also hate going to the park and having rude kids or in your case grandmas that push your kids around. lol I gave a crusty look to a little 5yr old the other day for trying to push Karlee off the railing she was swinging on. It's funny how motherhood takes over like that.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! You tell her where to shove it!! I got in a fight at mcdonalds with a "butt crack lady" because her son wouldnt let Parker up the slide! She wouldn't do anything about it so i got on her case. She was weird. She was asking her son if they could leave yet... hello you are the mom!!! ACT LIKE IT LADY!! arrrggghhh!!!!!! I love being mom but it is hard to see something unfair to happen to your kid.. i breaks my heart. So, GOOD FOR YOU!!

Gonzales Family said...

I hate people that have no patient for kids! hello htey are kids adn can't help being curious!!! if you can't be nice don't go to the park! xoxo Lindz

Rebecca and Ryan Withers said...

Wow, those are the people that just need to stay home and not go to the park..... gee's i am speechless.... Good for you for standing up to her!!!

Shae said...

Way to go! That totally cracked me up reading that...and way to look after your kid, since apparently, "mean old grandma" had to choose someone *not* her size to pick on.