Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Week of Firsts

This week has been a little crazy in our home to say the least. We have experienced a lot of "firsts" with the boys.

Dylan's first surgery:

He had to have tubes put in his ears. Hopefully we are done with ear infections. He is doing awesome! It was so cute to see him in his little hospital gown.

Our first roses in bloom:

Love them! I am so hoping they will last for a few more days. They are so pretty.

Paul planted our first garden and yesterday we saw our first signs of life. No picture. Sorry. Believe me, there is life, Paul has been out there making sure its for real.

Today I took Connor to the dentist for his first check-up. Success! Once again I didn't get a picture but he did awesome. He opened up big and showed the dentist "his big teeth." The doc said his teeth look great. (Thanks to dad for making sure he gets a good brush in every night;). Because he was such a good patient he got a balloon and a book! Awesome dentist.

This is only the beginning of firsts in our home. Next week Connor will have his first surgery to get tubes put in his ears. We can't for our first veggies to come up so we can eat them.

Happy Spring!
Oh, yes and this week was the first time I raised my voice at my kids.........hahahahahaha

5 comments:

Gonzales Family said...

He does look cute in his little hospital gown. It is sad when little ones have to go through surgery! Good Luck! xoxo Lindz

Collette said...

I hope the tubes work, for everyone's sake. What a little cutie all ready for surgery.
I can't believe you have roses blooming. I was excited to see a little green grass poking through the snow!
And I can't believe you raised your voice at your kids. I've never done that! HA!

Katie McCaul said...

Oh how sad for Dylan. He looks so cute in the gown. Way to go Conner at the dentist:)

Don't even talk to us about spring it freakin snowed up here last night like a foot!!!

bret and family said...

little fella looked like he was hav'n fun today. I hope things continue to go well

Heidi and Josch said...

oh my heck. both of them have to have tubes in their ears? poor babies. blake has an ear infection right now and its the most annoying thing in the world to have him so miserable. i feel for ya...big time.
roses? no fair. where did the warm weather go that we had up here for like what, one day!