Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Love this kid!

So I have decided that Connor watches way too much tv. He seriously does. I am kind of ok with it because I only let him watch the somewhat educational shows. I guess what I am trying to say is no stinky Spongebob! There are a million other shows that I won't let him watch but seriously I hate Spongebob. Ok, on to more imortant things. So I have had to make a sincere effort to turn off the tv, go in his room with him and play. He doesn't like to go in there and play alone. He will play by himself as long as I am sitting in there with him. Some days this is a hard thing to do. Ok, I will say it: "It's so darn bloody boring just sitting there with him!" There, I said it and I am not taking it back. That being said I still go in there with him, and play a little, so that he is away from the tv.

Today he wanted me to read to him. I can do this, it is actually something that we both enjoy and bond over. He loves books! Today we read, A Baby Sister for Herry. Its a Sesame Street book about how Herry has to adjust to having a new baby sister in his house taking over everything. Well, we ended up reading it like 3 times because he was so obsessed with this little "blue baby." After reading it Connor went and found his "blue baby" that he has been carrying around for the last couple of days. He got the wipes and a diaper and brought them to me. The baby needed a diaper just like the baby in the book. He has been fussing over this baby for about an hour now! Here is the proof:

He read his baby a story

Here he is talking to his baby

Loves his blue baby!
I love this kid!

6 comments:

Katie McCaul said...

Oh that is sweet!

Christian and Melissa said...

How can you not love that kid?? He is so adorable! Isn't this age fun (knock on wood) most of the time?? Watching them mimick your every move and hearing the things they say is the best part. I love seeing myself through Anders' eyes...most of the time. ;)

Sarah said...

How cute! I love the picture of him sitting there talking to the baby.

Our Family said...

I love that pic of him laying on the couch talking to the baby. that is cute. I totally understand the whole watch me play thing. it is hard.

Cameron and BreAnn said...

He's so fun. Brayden likes baby dolls, too. I also get the 'playing with kids all day.' Hard stuff.

Stacy said...

That is cute. Audric likes to play with "babies" too!