We get to church right as the Bishop is welcoming everyone. We try to sneak in unnoticed but the ONLY bench available is in the front on the other side of the chapel. Embarrassed, I grab Connor's sweaty little hand, the one that happens to be holding one of the four cars that he HAD to bring with him, and drag him along. We drop one or two cars but it's no big deal, the nice elderly couple pick them up and try to give them back to Connor. He is too shy to even look at them and so I have to take the cars and shove them in the bag so we can hurry to our seat and quit disturbing everyone. Connor screams! What is the matter? Oh, it's nothing he just wants his cars back! Ok, we've made it to our bench and immediately Connor wants to drive his little car along the back of the bench directly in front of us. Fine, but he doesn't understand that the elderly man sitting in front of us is a person, NOT part of the bench and so he continues to drive his car along the bench bumping into his back.
Now it's time for sacrament. "Look, Connor they are going to bring you some bread. Do you want some bread? Shhhhh!" The next five minutes are a wrestling match until he gets that innocent cup of water. How can that much water make the front of his shirt so wet?
Dylan is awake and ready to eat. Mom, leaves with Dylan to the mothers lounge and within a few minutes hears Connor growling. What does a lion say? Rarr!!!! So does my sweet Connor in the hallway during sacrament meeting! My short 20 minutes with Dylan has resulted in eating, a major explosion in his pants (me praying that he didn't leak all over, as in previous weeks), and barf all over his clothes...AND MINE! Not to worry, I'll just sneak back into the chapel to our bench on the FRONT row so I can grab the diaper bag. Oh, the sweet smiles of everyone in the ward. I wonder what they are thinking! "Geez, the Mogles are in and out of here 50 times every week.....Oh, those babies are so sweet....Two kids under two, I couldn't do it....Good thing they are young."
Whew, we made it through one meeting and I am sweating my brains out. Paul has been wrestling with Connor out in the hall and for some reason Connor has shifted into high gear and showing no signs of slowing, however, nursery is next.
To make this long story a little shorter....Connor had a melt down in nursery and we ended up coming home!
Here is what our house looked like about ten minutes after we got home:

Thankfully not every Sunday is this hectic....oh wait, yes they are! We love Sunday. I wouldn't call it a day of rest at our house but we do our best. Connor is learning to like nursery, when he goes. We like our ward and we are so happy to be where we are. I love my two sweet little boys and even though I probably work harder on Sunday than any other day, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I know we are doing the right thing and I am so happy that I have a husband who helps me!!!
5 comments:
That is so funny!!! I think it is hard to get out the door with one let alone two...they are so much work but you love them more than anything.
Sounds familiar. I just keep telling myself it is worth it! I hope you got a nap too. They may be a handful, but they sure are cute.
Oh Tara,
If only I could go back to those days. The challenges only change they don't go away. Lately I've been wanting to trade back like maybe I prefer tantrums and diapers over teenage drama! It's gotta get better right?
We miss you guys a ton. Kara Straw had her baby,,,,so cute. The ward has changed so much too. We need a sub for bunco this week wish you could come. I've also lost your email somehow. Keep in touch if you can. jennjp@gmail.com
Jenn
Seriously, I know what you mean sometimes I don't know why I even bother but I guess because of the sacrifice that is what makes our testimonies stronger!!
Tara, I was there on Sunday, and I didn't notice all the craziness (if that helps)...Oh wait I was busy with my 1 little boy wanting to run amok. Still don't know how you guys do it with two!
Post a Comment