He was up quite a bunch and then Connor was awoken and then the white flag was thrown and the parents had given up. The Mogle kids won round one of "Sleep w/ 2 kids". The parents stumbled to their corners with an hour and a half under their belts, unsure of how to defeat this monster.

They came up with a game plan and were ready for Round 2. They stuck to the game plan and Connor was down for the count at around 9. They focused their attention on Dylan and took the beast head on. Dylan came out fighting, he wasn't going to go down easy. He stayed up 'til 11. Finally the beast seemed tamed and the parents began to think they had this monster whooped. 11:30 the cries from the cave where Connor resides bellowed a horrible sound of crying. Could it be that Connor was just saving his energy for later. Dad heard the cries and took him head on and laid in the guest bedroom with the beast and they wrestled the night away with the victory going to Dad! Would Mother also have success? Surely, Dylan wasn't going to let Mom come out the victor? But so it was that night, the parents were victorious!
This night will forever go down in the legends and folklores of parenthood! There was something in the air the night of Monday May 26, 2008. Whether it was all the planets and stars aligning to form some mystical powers, or perhaps it was just a fluke chance of catching the beast off guard? Whatever it was my friends, it was great! The parents of these 2 wonderful children are eternally grateful for the victory. Let's all have a moment of silence for the slain beast that is known as the "Sleep Monster." May he never rise from the tombs again...

Connor is very slowly adjusting to Dylan. The first day home he wouldn't even look at Dylan or anyone holding Dylan. Yesterday he would look and even touched him! He gave Dylan the heavy pat, that made Dylan cry and mom and dad jump up to save his life, but it was contact. Today he had improved just a bit and actually said, "Baby" once. So we will see how that progresses.
We got a new camera and have been messing around with it. So here are pictures and I will shut up.
Connor in his kitchen

Dylan letting me know the flash works

Apparently it still works. His eyes were open right before both pictures

This camera lets us record sound. Please ignore my baby talk.
4 comments:
We had a few nights like that. We had to let Bridger cry it out all over again. One night he woke up and was up for about 3 hours straight, with no intentions of going back to sleep. Fun times! Hopefully the sleep monster is gone for good!
Dylan is such a cutie. I can't believe how big Connor looks. Love the kitchen.
Oh my! What a beautiful baby! We miss you guys like crazy. I can't get over how cute both of those boys are. About the sleep moster, keep up the good work, otherwise you end up like the Petersens, Slaves to the beast. Carter still sleeps in our room! That my friend is bad! I hope every night just gets better. Very cute blog by the way. I look at it all the time. I hope we can make a trip down south and see your cute family some time soon. Love Jenn P
I love my grandbabies. I'm glad their keeping you two on your toes.
Oh, this is exactly what makes me not want to have another one yet! It seems like we are just getting used to getting a full nights sleep. You guys are quite the warriors! I bet it's even harder the second time because you don't get to nap with the baby like you could with the first. However, I'm having flashbacks of good ol' Alta days. "Just lay there and think Tara!" You are not a napper from what I recall!
Post a Comment