Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Paul

Saturday Paul turned the big two-nine. To celebrate we went to dinner at Ruby River. It was nice to finally have an excuse to go out to dinner, and to get to order steak was such a treat (one that we don't often indulge in). I cut a nice piece of meat off my steak, put it in my mouth, even told Paul, "mmm, mine is really yummy." It was then that the steak slid right down my throat. Within a second after I told Paul how yummy it was, I was choking. Seriously choking. That meat was lodged in my throat and it was not coming up nor was it going to go down. I started panicking, as did Paul. I kept trying to swallow but that was doing nothing except making a really gross sound in my throat. Paul was in a panic not knowing if he was going to have to reach around my big belly to give me the heimlech (however you spell it), or if I was going to be able to get it out. I finally just grabbed my throat where the meat was stuck and gave it a good squeeze and swallowed hard......it was down!!! I can't tell you the relief that I felt, however the tears were flowing and I was so embarrassed.


Anyway, that was Friday night. Saturday was Paul's official day and we had NO plans. With Connor's help, I made this beautiful Happy Birthday sign for him. We then opened a few presents and headed home to Gunnison.

Now I have to say that every year since I've known Paul I think I have blown it for his birthday. I either tell him what he's getting, or I get him the lamest gifts ever. So this year I got him the Wii but you all know from a previous blog that the Wii gift was spoiled last month. So I ordered him this Utah State Aggies clock to put in his office at work. Well that got spoiled because I had to get his password for paypal and then they emailed him and told him that his clock was on its way. So he ended up opening the lame gifts on Saturday morning. Oh well, another blow for Paul's birthday. At least this year I can honestly say I tried to make it a good birthday.

Sunday afternoon we had cake and icecream up in Gunnison and that was the extent of the happiness that was spread for Paul's big day. Happy Birthday Paul, we love you!!!

1 comment:

Collette said...

Happy late Birthday, Paul.
Tara, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only who can't get their husband's birthdays right:) I do the same thing with Brent's birthday. Really good intentions that usually go down the drain!